The Student Room Group
Reply 1
DarkSonic_2009
Are the November 2010 resits the last time you can sit English Language and Maths on the old specification?

In general, No.

New specifications are being introduced for first teaching in Sept 2010.
GCSEs are designed for study over two years and the first award will be Summer 2012.

For maths (and I think English is the same) if you are already studying, summer 2011 exams will still be under the current specification and there will be at least 1 resit opportunity offered in Nov 2011.

Is there coursework in your English spec? If so it may not be possible to submit new coursework for Nov 2011. Are you doing modular maths? It may be that only the terminal papers would be available in Nov 2011.
Reply 2
Well, i've already done my GCSE's, I got a D in English and Maths and I wanted to resit them in November or June. When I asked for a resit in both subjects I was then informed that it was too late to resit them and that i'd have to wait next year.

I began to worry because I thought that i'd have to resit them on the new specification after Summer 2010.
Reply 3
When I did Maths I didn't do Modular.
The following link should explain the assessment arrangements during the transition period:

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse/pdf/AQA-GCSE-ENG-NEWS-4.PDF

It does not matter whether or not you studied modular Maths. You can enter either specification for a re-take.
Reply 5
As far as I am aware, November 2011 will be the final re-take opportunity.

Latest