The Student Room Group

NOMS Prison Service Graduate Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hi guys has anybody sat the SJT this week just i was looking over my questions in the last few minuetes before J had time to hit the finish button ! did this happen to anybody else as it did not have in the guidlines before I took it that you have to hit the finish button with time to spare ? Quite worried as double checking my answers may have screwed up my chances thanks!
Reply 121
Original post by Kjf557
Hi guys has anybody sat the SJT this week just i was looking over my questions in the last few minuetes before J had time to hit the finish button ! did this happen to anybody else as it did not have in the guidlines before I took it that you have to hit the finish button with time to spare ? Quite worried as double checking my answers may have screwed up my chances thanks!

you don't need to click submit.

whatever progress you had made up to the point when you ran out of time will be saved.
Reply 122
Original post by easyknow
you don't need to click submit.

whatever progress you had made up to the point when you ran out of time will be saved.

Thanks so much ! great relief good luck if your applying too x
Reply 123
Got an invite to do the numeracy test today.
Reply 124
Got an invite to do the numeracy test today.

Me to, just receieved the email.

Numeracy is really not my strong point so I'm going to have to get practicing!

I thought the JST was really tough.
Also thought the SJT was tough, they've said on FB page there's a sort of deadline for numerical but want people to do ASAP so no pressure there lol
Reply 126
Another one for the numerical reasoning test here :wavey:

I'm going to have to have a little practice before doing this part just to brush up my skills. I actually enjoyed the SJT part :biggrin:
Reply 127
Seems most of the people in this thread were successful then (myself included). According to the Facebook page, NOMS 'had over 2,300 people apply and we have invited just over 500 to take the numerical test. We are looking for around 150 to take through to the JSAC'. That means there was a success rate of 21% for this stage. There will be a success rate of 30% for the next two stages (500>150 and 150>50 [interviews]) before dropping down to 24% for those ultimately selected for the final 12 spots.

It does not look as scary as it did to begin with (i.e. only 0.5% of those applying will eventually be selected). I imagine the difference between candidates will start to widen now.
Reply 128
Hi, I have just finished my numerical reasoning test online which was a lot harder than I had expected....I have had an email acknowledging that I have completed the test, but does anyone know how long it will be before I hear whether I have passed or failed it? Keep refreshing the page to see if there's any news but I can't sit & do that all day! :smile:
Thanks to anyone who can give me any info on timescale.....
Reply 129
anyone done the maths test yet? how was it?
Reply 130
anyone done the maths test yet? how was it?

Do you mean the online test (devised by SHL)? If you do mean the online maths test, its truly horrible! :eek:
Reply 131
Hello
I have not sat the test yet but a bit worried as i stumbled on an online test earlier for deloitte (consulting with a hope to do public sector consulting) which was also shl. not sure if the companies use different levels depending on the job...
I found the NHS numerical one ok though.. if anyone did that one is it similar?
Reply 132
Original post by TS1992
Do you mean the online test (devised by SHL)? If you do mean the online maths test, its truly horrible! :eek:

Oh great.
Reply 133
?
Oh great.

Passed the maths test but the email says they will let me know later if I've got through to the JSAC.
Reply 134
I have just done the numerical test before tomorrow's deadline and found it really difficult: I did not finish it and skipped one or two questions. It is quite sad that - unlike the previous test - this is not at all representative of the kind of job you will be doing inside a prison...
Hey guys

Got an email saying i'd passed both the tests and there waiting on everyone else to finish theirs before deciding who to invite to assessment centre. I didn't think I did too well in the numeracy test and was pleasantly surprised when informed i'd passed it. Anyone heard anything else yet?
Reply 136
Is this still open to new applicants, or have I missed it for this year?
Original post by Lobinho
Is this still open to new applicants, or have I missed it for this year?

Closed now
Reply 138
I'm through to the next stage - JSAC :smile: is anyone else? There's not much on what this involves on the website, hoping they send more information with the dates
I'm through to the next stage too, congrats to you bobbers! Yes, I reckon there will be much more information in the next email.

Quick Reply

Latest