The Student Room Group
Reply 1
It depends on exactly what eye drops you have.

I have daily eye drops and relief eye drops for hayfever, and at first I couldn't put them in myself. I worked out the best way was to look up and put them on the white bit of my eye, so I didn't really have to look at it. I was meant to blink a lot, and then close my eyes for a while. It did kind of sting at first, but after a minute or two it went away and felt better. You're putting a random chemical into your eye so it probably will hurt. If its really bad go and see a professional, but it could just be you have to suck it up and deal with it.
Reply 2
Thanks very much for that dymphna :smile:

Well yeh I wouldn't mind initial stinging either, but whenever I put them in I literally have to go to bed for an hour because my eyes can't stay open for the pain. So I'm probably doing them very wrong. Hmm maybe a call to the doc (again) is in order..

Thanks!
I had eye drops last year for an eye infection and when I put them in, it felt like water but it soothed the itch. You may be having a reaction to the eye drops in which case you should go and speak to your doctor about them as there might be alternative medication you can use.
Reply 4
Thanks Seham :smile: Interesting about a reaction..you could be onto something there. I've booked the doc for tomorrow.

Thanks so much again!

Latest

Trending

Trending