The Student Room Group

Jobs at Sainsbury´s or Waitrose

These are the local supermarkets in my town, and I´ve been checking vacancies on their websites for months, but they have never had any available. So, for people who have had jobs at these places, do they not actually have any vacancies, or is it just a case of asking the stores directly?
Original post by scfc05
These are the local supermarkets in my town, and I´ve been checking vacancies on their websites for months, but they have never had any available. So, for people who have had jobs at these places, do they not actually have any vacancies, or is it just a case of asking the stores directly?

You'll have to apply Via there own website as they don't take applications from being handed in as all is done online nowadays.
They advertised vacancies at certain time of the year throughout it plus if requiring extra people they will advertise in between. Your next vacancies application will be for the summer intake which should be advertised soon for many retailers starts summer staff at end of June ( when colleagues and school are finishing up).

Just keep a eye on the jobs vacancies for those stores until you find one that you can apply for.

Have you considered the likes of Tesco or boots and other retailers within your local area.....
Original post by scfc05

Their vacancies also rarely drop so as stated above you have to keep having thorough checks and jobs have just become competitive so checking thoroughly will only increase your chances once a position opens up and becomes available.
Original post by Littleemma98
You'll have to apply Via there own website as they don't take applications from being handed in as all is done online nowadays.
They advertised vacancies at certain time of the year throughout it plus if requiring extra people they will advertise in between. Your next vacancies application will be for the summer intake which should be advertised soon for many retailers starts summer staff at end of June ( when colleagues and school are finishing up).

Just keep a eye on the jobs vacancies for those stores until you find one that you can apply for.

Have you considered the likes of Tesco or boots and other retailers within your local area.....

I agree
Keep an eye out on other shops as well to see what vacancies they have

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending