The Student Room Group

How can someone actually believe this?

I have been making my way through this series of videos on YouTube called 'Why do people laugh at creationists' and have just gotten to this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihYq2dGa29M&feature=channel

At just 1:10 into the video Ben Stein who you may recognise from classics such as Ferris Buellers day off and Ghostbusters comes out with the most preposterous and hilarious thing I have heard in my life.

"Love of God and compassion and empathy leads you to a very glorious place. Science leads you to killing people".

Took me a full 5 minutes to gain the strength from laughing so hard I fell off my chair, to get up off the floor and write this for you.

Scroll to see replies

I found those vids yesterday. I gave up on number 13 with sarah palin.
Reply 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ThQQuHtzHM :biggrin:

You believe this when you were denied an education thus allowing for you to take a confused Jewish-Media-hack's opinion on Science <_<
Reply 3
They could've used a different word than 'science'... sheesh.
morecambebay
I found those vids yesterday. I gave up on number 13 with sarah palin.

Sarah Palin didn't enter into it till number 26 :s-smilie:
Princesschickenbelly
Sarah Palin didn't enter into it till number 26 :s-smilie:

really? my mistake then. amazing woman.
To science!
Reply 7
Me thinks you've got a very strange sense of humour!!
Reply 8
It's too long to check but I'm 95% sure this video is relevant:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ax-97Jj5Dg
How I -Love- Science :biggrin:
desi_jatt
Me thinks you've got a very strange sense of humour!!

It was the utter idiocy of the guy actually believing that, which made me laugh in an "are you serious?!?!" kind of way.
Reply 11
Gotta Love Thunderf00t long time subscriber ^^
Reply 12
Might have to watch these later. People say crazy things.
Flav
Gotta Love Thunderf00t long time subscriber ^^

What the hell happened with VenomfangX?
The Irony of what he says at 1:10 is science keeps people alive and brings life to&#65279; many children who would otherwise die at birth whereas religion helps them die.
Reply 15
Princesschickenbelly
What the hell happened with VenomfangX?

Apparently he tried in many ways to close thunderf00ts channel, and eventually got himself in a lot of trouble for reporting copyright infringement on thunderf00t with no evidence and closed his own channel to stop himself from being taken to court.
Flav
Apparently he tried in many ways to close thunderf00ts channel, and eventually got himself in a lot of trouble for reporting copyright infringement on thunderf00t with no evidence and closed his own channel to stop himself from being taken to court.

Ahh just like the religious fanatics to take the high ground :facepalm:
Reply 17
Flav

Thankfully.
Lol they both lead to killing people, most things do apparently.
Greens
Thankfully.

Oh I don't know, he was bloody funny to watch :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending