The Student Room Group

He's in love with me but ignoring me?

Hi,

I have been speaking to this guy online for over a month. He told me he was looking to date after he got out of a 5 year relationship a year ago and so we began talking.

Unfortunately we don't live close to each other. He lives in York, I live in London.

We would speak every single day and he finally arranged a weekend to come to London to spend a couple days with me.

He would oftentimes divert the conversation and make it sexual. I mean he never asked me serious get to know me questions unless I asked him. It was lowkey like pulling teeth trying to keep the conversation going. But he seemed sweet and genuine.

He's told me he's fallen for me, told me I was his dream woman and that he wants to make me his wife one day... yet, didn't wish me a happy 28th birthday like he just stopped responding and has been ignoring me for the past 5 days.

I am so confused. If he's not being sincere, why can't he just tell me? I feel pretty stupid believing he actually likes me?
Doesn't sound genuine to me. Too intense for 4 weeks of talking.

Either someone enjoying the attention or, worst case, a scammer
Reply 2
Original post by Admit-One
Doesn't sound genuine to me. Too intense for 4 weeks of talking.

Either someone enjoying the attention or, worst case, a scammer

Yes,

It has been really intense I mean he said he wanted to introduce me as his potential wife to his friends etc even though I insisted we are still just friends till we actually spend time together.

Just upsetting that he would be ignoring me just out of nowhere. Seems so out of character.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes,

It has been really intense I mean he said he wanted to introduce me as his potential wife to his friends etc even though I insisted we are still just friends till we actually spend time together.

Just upsetting that he would be ignoring me just out of nowhere. Seems so out of character.

Very odd, red flags to me.

Either someone not terribly stable, and going all-in far too quickly, or something dodgy going on.
Reply 4
I don't think he is genuine. I have seem stories like this and how they play out. He probably just wants the sex and nothing else. I'd advise you to stay away from him.
Reply 5
Hi there,

I have been in a similar situation before but the guy was in the same city as me. It took me few months to realise that he enjoyed the attention and all he wanted to do was fulfill his emotions while playing mine. I always believe and advise females in my circle that he would message you if you were his priority. We live in a world were now everyone holds their phone in their hands for the majority of the day. A text takes few seconds or maximum a minute.So I will agree with the above comments that the guy is not genuine and he is trying to fulfill his own desires. I would suggest you to ignore him if he messages you and try avoid anything he posts on social media. Just show him that you do not really care 🙂
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 6
Thank you so much everyone,

I have had to delete him. Its just really annoyed me cos he knew my desire for marriage and kids and he literally didn't mean anything he said. I feel like he was just trying to keep me sweet for a naughty chat.

Its so demoralising. Cos he would open up to me and I would be there for him but then for him to completely ignore my birthday? Not text me on Whatsapp and only speak to me on the app but talk about marriage with me?

I don't know how someone can play with marriage and tell a woman shes what he is looking for then ignore her like she is nothing.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous #1
Thank you so much everyone,

I have had to delete him. Its just really annoyed me cos he knew my desire for marriage and kids and he literally didn't mean anything he said. I feel like he was just trying to keep me sweet for a naughty chat.

Its so demoralising. Cos he would open up to me and I would be there for him but then for him to completely ignore my birthday? Not text me on Whatsapp and only speak to me on the app but talk about marriage with me?

I don't know how someone can play with marriage and tell a woman shes what he is looking for then ignore her like she is nothing.

hugs
Sorry you had to go through this. You've done the right thing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending