The Student Room Group

help me find a realistic excuse

so basically my prom is next friday and me and two other girls had planned to get our nails done together at the same place (the place is owned by a family friend of one of the girls), but i find that the prices are outrageous and the quality of the nails aren’t great. how can i tell them i’m not able to go, even though i’m going to get my nails done somewhere else ?

tysm
Original post by Anonymous
so basically my prom is next friday and me and two other girls had planned to get our nails done together at the same place (the place is owned by a family friend of one of the girls), but i find that the prices are outrageous and the quality of the nails aren’t great. how can i tell them i’m not able to go, even though i’m going to get my nails done somewhere else ?

tysm

An extended family member’s birthday meal usually works for me.
Reply 2
Original post by MissMathematix
An extended family member’s birthday meal usually works for me.

tysm honestly that helps i’m just worried that they’ll suggest a different day 🥲
tysm honestly that helps i’m just worried that they’ll suggest a different day 🥲

No problem, if all else fails you could always “come down with a cold” and be really considerate about not wanting to infect them!
Reply 4
No problem, if all else fails you could always “come down with a cold” and be really considerate about not wanting to infect them!

that’s true!! when i see them at prom i’ll have to tell them that i got over it quickly though, but it sounds believable enough ☺️
Reply 5
im sorry but this is too funny to read lmao
Reply 6
that’s true!! when i see them at prom i’ll have to tell them that i got over it quickly though, but it sounds believable enough ☺️

What about your mum booked you an appointment as a surprise as a reward for working hard in your exams?
Reply 7
Original post by santokes
im sorry but this is too funny to read lmao

what do u want me to do 😭😭😭😭 i can’t be rude and straight up say that i don’t like the nail place can i
Reply 8
Original post by Muttley79
What about your mum booked you an appointment as a surprise as a reward for working hard in your exams?

omg maybe, that’s actually pretty believable but i’m not sure if it would mean that id have to cancel with my friends on the day itself ? wont that look bad ?
Reply 9

tysm

Just say someone else is going to do them for you now? Maybe your mum or jus straight up say it’s too expensive😭
omg maybe, that’s actually pretty believable but i’m not sure if it would mean that id have to cancel with my friends on the day itself ? wont that look bad ?

You could say that she just told you about the surprise appointment, that way you can still give them notice!
Reply 11

Tell them now she's booked it :smile:

Obviously your mum needs to know so she doesn't drop you in it
Reply 12

tysm

umm r u serious, just say ur auntie or someone wants to practice doing nails and shes gonna do ur nails as a test
Reply 13
Just say someone else is going to do them for you now? Maybe your mum or jus straight up say it’s too expensive😭

ye i guess, a sudden change of plan or smth, then they can’t try and change the day or anything
Reply 14
You could say that she just told you about the surprise appointment, that way you can still give them notice!

Original post by Muttley79
Tell them now she's booked it :smile:

Obviously your mum needs to know so she doesn't drop you in it

thanks so much guys i’ll probably go with this 😸
ye i guess, a sudden change of plan or smth, then they can’t try and change the day or anything

Yeah I think just say that ur mum already booked you one as a suprise and u didn’t know that’s pretty believable tbf
Reply 16
Original post by azraf8
umm r u serious, just say ur auntie or someone wants to practice doing nails and shes gonna do ur nails as a test

fair enough hahaha everyone has to start somewhere i guess, will be a bit embarrassing for my friends if my nails end up looking better than theirs though 🤭
Reply 17
Yeah I think just say that ur mum already booked you one as a suprise and u didn’t know that’s pretty believable tbf

i think so too!!
Reply 18
fair enough hahaha everyone has to start somewhere i guess, will be a bit embarrassing for my friends if my nails end up looking better than theirs though 🤭

ur aunt is just that girl
Reply 19
Original post by azraf8
ur aunt is just that girl

so true 🤭🤭 even though she’s imaginary in this situation. but fr i wish i had an aunt who could do nails then i wouldn’t have to spend like 25£ on prom nails

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending