The Student Room Group

urgent epq help needed!!

Need to reconsider my EPQ topic urgently. I know what I want to talk about, but I'm really struggling with what to title it/what my question will be.

I've always been really interested in mental disorders that aren't or weren't considered "real" (not sure how else to phrase it). For example, I remember people debating on whether or not Munchausen by Proxy was actually a mental condition before it was officially recognised. Similarly, there's been some debate in more recent years about whether or not Munchausen by Internet is a thing - it is not recognised as an "actual" disorder, but some people believe there have been observable cases of it. Other examples would include things like Cotard's, where someone truly believes they are a walking corpse - this condition is not recognised by the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), but there have been multiple cases of it.

If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate it.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending