The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
paymaster
has any1 actually managed 2 get any work done, in between waiting for your replies? I seem 2 have done nothing this holiday!

Same here!! When I sit down and open my whatever subject textbook the word "cambridge" immediately comes up in my head and then I started to think about my interviews and grades, then worry and then tell myself not to worry because I can't change anything now, so I go back to work and open the textbook

the cycle carries on
Reply 881
DonnaB041986
a boy at my school applied to cam for geography or history (i can never remember which!!) and the school found out before him that he had an interview!!

Donna
-x-

thing is..some schools have links with ceratin colleges/ departments at oxbridge and know the tutors there...so they can find out that way
Reply 882
akk713
Same here!! When I sit down and open my whatever subject textbook the word "cambridge" immediately comes up in my head and then I started to think about my interviews and grades, then worry and then tell myself not to worry because I can't change anything now, so I go back to work and open the textbook

the cycle carries on

luckily i have no work to do...finished school and not yet (obviously) at uni...
Reply 883
lucerna
Yes...and also when people say useless things like "oh you'll get in" as blase as possible. I won't dammit! And also people treating me with fear as if I were a bomb that might explode. *ticks*

A friend at my school even calls me "future cambridge student"

I got extremely irritated!!
Reply 884
al65
But if It's one sheet of paper in a rather small envelope....odds are..

All they need to say is "I am pleased to tell you XYZ, you need to get these grades..." - why waste time with extra paperwork? Oxford used to be harsher before and send rejections through second class - that way you would definitely know before opening!
Reply 885
Lucy
All they need to say is "I am pleased to tell you XYZ, you need to get these grades..." - why waste time with extra paperwork? Oxford used to be harsher before and send rejections through second class - that way you would definitely know before opening!

Thing is ive applied to medicine..and my other letters all had health stuff...so im guessing that if its an offer it will too...unless they send them separately!
Reply 886
Lucy

by the way how long does first class post take
al65
thing is..some schools have links with ceratin colleges/ departments at oxbridge and know the tutors there...so they can find out that way

still, i'd hate to walk into school in the morning and have the head of 6th form stop you in the corridor and ask why you hadn't told her that you have a cambridge interview. he was one of the last people to find out about his interview (apart from the oxford lot, they found out much later)

Donna
-x-
Lucy

Well I'm pleased I'm applying to Cambridge, where my rejection will be handled with respect. I hope they don't just say XYZ, it'll be like the UCAS offer letters which always amuse me. Could be a bit more personal...
Reply 889
akk713
by the way how long does first class post take

a day..unless its the holidays and its really busy..kinda like now!!lol
Reply 890
al65
a day..unless its the holidays and its really busy..kinda like now!!lol

SHUT UP! :d
Reply 891
Seer
SHUT UP! :d

I wonder what ppl would do if it ACTUALLY didnt come tomorrow...might have heart attacks all over the place :tongue:
if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, do they deliver post on new years day? or would we have to wait untill 2nd?

Donna
-x-
Reply 893
DonnaB041986
if it doesn't arrive tomorrow, do they deliver post on new years day? or would we have to wait untill 2nd?

Donna
-x-

have 2 wait till friday...noooooooo
Reply 894
al65
Thing is ive applied to medicine..and my other letters all had health stuff...so im guessing that if its an offer it will too...unless they send them separately!

Ah right, I see, sorry didn't realise you applied for medicine (which college?) :smile: ! I applied for medicine too (at Oxford) - in that case a thin letter is likely to be bad news.

As for the post - normally a day but could be more depending if post is in good form.

paymaster - I think both acceptance and rejection letters from both Ox and Cam are automated, so I wouldn't expect anything too personal :wink:
Reply 895
hey you people stop complaining about the late reply I live over here in HK and I think I'll hear much later than you do...

I'm gonna explode!!!! I hate waiting waiting waiting...
I've been reading through an old thread called 'I'm Sick To Death Of....................' about how every1's going on about cambridge.

Someone's replied saying

Cambridge is the best University in the world. How dare you just beacuse you are stupid and can't get into cambridge. I should be going to cambridge soon so up yours. You must be working class.

Still it's a consolation to me if I don't get in i'll probably never meet that replier.
Reply 897
Lucy
Ah right, I see, sorry didn't realise you applied for medicine (which college?) :smile: ! I applied for medicine too (at Oxford) - in that case a thin letter is likely to be bad news.

As for the post - normally a day but could be more depending if post is in good form.

paymaster - I think both acceptance and rejection letters from both Ox and Cam are automated, so I wouldn't expect anything too personal :wink:

applied to christ's...damn (please dont be thin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Reply 898
through this thread I've upgraded myself from new to junior member~ thanks to cambridge
Reply 899
al65
applied to christ's...damn (please dont be thin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

It MUST come tomorrow!

Latest

Trending

Trending