The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
stupid question, but im guessing that if you dont meet the offer then it would go from conditional to unsuccessful, am i right?
treesaregreenandtall
I have heard from several people that if you log onto Track the night before the results come out, at midnight Track should update and you can therefore find out if you have got into your uni or not?

Apparently your offer should change from conditional (if it is conditional of course) to unconditional so you know that you have reached your requested grades!

Is this actually true? Or just a rumour?

Thanks !
:rolleyes:

I remember that day but for me, wasn't the night more of the early morning like 6am i had status changed :smile: Saying Congratulation, etc etc you are in your *chosen university studying *this course*

As much i'd like to jump about with excitment, everyone was asleep. The only thing i did was kick my legs with lots of exictment. How sad was i..back then, oh my. lol

As to the night before..i'm not so sure, some claim they do...but i doubt it will happen this year, wait and see i suppose
Reply 22
Yes my brother did that in 2008, but had difficulty logging onto the page because obviously loads of people refresh the page just after midnight. Saves the whole drama of opening the envelope in front of everybody though.
I got my results onlline at 6.30am last year.
Reply 24
freeforever
My results came in at 5 50am last year, I was a bit of geek and set it to refresh every minute over night and to play loud music when it changed :colondollar:

Could you explain how to do this? I'm not very good at macros, generally, but I think this would be better than me not sleeping at all...

Of course, I will have to wait until July 5th >.<
Reply 25
Sitting at your computer at midnight would just be silly!
I checked UCAS before going to college. I didn't actually want to go to uni so I wasn't all that bothered at the time.
The_Gene_Genie
That is a lie, it updated at about 6:45 last year.

....and 6:45 in 2008 too!!:smile:
Reply 27
Min updated about 6.30 last year and it was the single worst experience of my life seeing 'unsuccessful' next to my firm :frown:
not to worry you all or anything....
Lindsey123
In 2008 Track didn't update until about 8/9am, but it might have changed now.

There was a hardcore group of us on tsr and we found it updated at 6:45am.. so before 7am for most if not all!!
tradingmyheartforyours
There was a hardcore group of us on tsr and we found it updated at 6:45am.. so before 7am for most if not all!!

Oh...maybe I misremembered.
Stella476
Could you explain how to do this? I'm not very good at macros, generally, but I think this would be better than me not sleeping at all...

Of course, I will have to wait until July 5th >.<

I use the browser firefox and install an addon called 'check4change' (google it, install). When installed you highlight the text that you're waiting for a change in (the list of universities and their offers) and right click, hover over check4change and select custom, then set for however long you wish it to check for a change and choose whichever effects you desire (I ticked them all). Remember to set you're computer to never turn off or go to standby and leave power plugged in and voila, it will wake you when track changes!

I'll PM this to you as well so you don't lose it but thought I'd put it here for anyone else who wants to know how. If you get confused feel free to PM me or ask me on here :yes:
Reply 31
freeforever
I use the browser firefox and install an addon called 'check4change' (google it, install). When installed you highlight the text that you're waiting for a change in (the list of universities and their offers) and right click, hover over check4change and select custom, then set for however long you wish it to check for a change and choose whichever effects you desire (I ticked them all). Remember to set you're computer to never turn off or go to standby and leave power plugged in and voila, it will wake you when track changes!

I'll PM this to you as well so you don't lose it but thought I'd put it here for anyone else who wants to know how. If you get confused feel free to PM me or ask me on here :yes:

Thank you!
Oh dear ill be checking track when i wake up on results day then !!!!
I lied, mine actually came in at 4 50, just found my TSR post from last year (once I'd run screaming down my hallway and woken everyone up :colondollar:)
Reply 34
:afraid: This is scary.
Reply 35
freeforever
I lied, mine actually came in at 4 50, just found my TSR post from last year (once I'd run screaming down my hallway and woken everyone up :colondollar:)

^ this would be me, lol. I don't think they'd mind though!
I think i might do that, check online before i go to collect my results in case i need to get the tears out of the way lol
Reply 37
*my-future's-bright*
I think i might do that, check online before i go to collect my results in case i need to get the tears out of the way lol

Yeah, this. There will no doubt be tears in my case. :frown: :frown:

Not talking about tears of happiness.
Reply 38
i kinda wish i didnt know this now :L
:eek: I'm not gonna sit around refreshing every 5 minutes! But then I won't be able to sleep either!

I think I'll take some sleeping pills :biggrin:

Oh wait, I just remembered I can't swallow tablets :no:

Latest