The Student Room Group

New L101 Economics (International Programme) 4 years at UCL

Scroll to see replies

Firaila
Dragging this thread up...found it through a google search of L101.

I went to the UCL open day a week back and in the Economics talk we were told the destinations for this programme include Columbia University (New York City), Uni of Chicago, Toronto, and British Columbia. The list isn't finalised yet.

I'm considering applying for this instead of the standard L100, however due to the small number of places available (20-30), do you guys think it would be quite a bit harder to get in?

Being able to put that you went to UCL + studied at Chicago would be so :dice:. Apply!
Reply 21
yoyo462001
Being able to put that you went to UCL + studied at Chicago would be so :dice:. Apply!

Did that guy just jizz blood :eek:

New York seems more attractive to me :biggrin:
Reply 22
Firaila
New York seems more attractive to me :biggrin:
It's certainly the more attractive city (imo) but when it comes to Economics, The University of Chicago is the sh!t
Reply 23
ColdVein
It's certainly the more attractive city (imo) but when it comes to Economics, The University of Chicago is the sh!t

So I've heard, plus it's not exactly as if Chicago is a bad city...

:sogood:
Reply 24
It's things like this that make me wish I was a year younger :frown: sounds like a great course but it would probably be really competitive. The insane part of me thinks that if I get 2 or 3 A* grades this year that I should consider reapplying for this L101 but then I remember that LSE is more than good enough! :p: Still I would have loved to have done a year abroad somewhere :frown:
I wish the Economics L101 course had a year in Germany rather than a year in the US :frown:
Reply 26
If you are interested in both the L100 and L101 courses would you have to apply to both to have a chance at them? Also, is the list on with Columbia, Chicago e.t.c the full unconfirmed list that was mentioned on the open day?
Reply 27
I am applying to this course but a bit worried it will be even harder to get on that L100. Is anyone else applying on here?
Reply 28
georgiemuc
I am applying to this course but a bit worried it will be even harder to get on that L100. Is anyone else applying on here?

Yup I am. Wow we are both applying to Christ's as well!
Reply 29
Ray_Han
Yup I am. Wow we are both applying to Christ's as well!

And we are both applying for LSE. But me for Gov and Eco :smile:
Reply 30
georgiemuc
And we are both applying for LSE. But me for Gov and Eco :smile:

Yeh, I was considering that course at one point as well :P.
Reply 31
Ray_Han
Yeh, I was considering that course at one point as well :P.

Nice oneee! :biggrin:
There is now more information on the UCL Economics website about this!
x
Original post by theblackswan
x

Please link.
I would prefer to do a Master's in the fourth year...:smile:
Reply 36
Oh my gawd you can study at UCLA! :biggrin:
Original post by Firaila
Oh my gawd you can study at UCLA! :biggrin:

Yeah I know!!!, don't know if I would want to end up Canada though...:s-smilie:
Reply 39
Original post by theblackswan
x

Yup I saw this yesterday. Do you know when they put this up? I don't really want to go to UCLA as much as Chicago or Columbia, but LA would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending