The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I would have been about eight and was always wanting to go to internet cafes. :p: It was an enormous novelty when we got a connection at home, and perhaps even more so at the time to listen to the modem screeching. Just a little part of me misses dial-up.
I can't really remember tbh, but it was when I was really young. When I first started using the computer, I was mainly just playing CD ROMs that had games, activites and education, and making pictures in Paint. Then I started writing stories in Word. Then we got AOL, so we were connected to the internet and I remember always seeing that AOL Kids homepage, and the voice that always said "Welcome to AOL, you have email" when you load it. Ahh, memories :smile:.
Apocalypte
Probably around 1997, I would have been 13 then. Had a computer running Windows 95, with a 166MHz processor, 32MB RAM and a 2GB HDD.

My first personal computer was 80MHz. Good times.
Only in 2001, when I was 10. My teacher introduced me to the wonder that is hotmail, and we all made accounts in our y5 class. Then started using various game sites, but only really became internet savvy in 2004 when I was 13.
Reply 44
We got internet is 1996, using windows 1995 and dial up. The noise drived my insane and it kept disconnecting. It was so much fun - until I left it connected by accident and my dad never got his "important call from work".

Now, with broadband it is so different.
Probably in 1999/2000 so when I was 9/10. I miss the Dial-up tone :moon:
Did anyone play Hugo's House of Horrors (http://www.dgray.com/hwpage.htm)? I have fond memories of that game.
I made an Animorphs fansite back in like '98 :headbang:
I can't really remember but it was Harry Potter related :wizard:
Reply 49
Must have been around 2000 cause I was about 7, Age of Empires over dial-up was laggy as hell :p:
Early 2001ish.. I was 11. :nothing:
CKin2U
Good old days!

Hahah I was such a wierdo I used to go in sites like neopets and girland and habbo hotel LOL the shame =$

Lol, I used to go on all those sites :P
Dial up like 12 years ago, but I only started using it about 9 years ago but was only allowed on for 30 mins a day because it was 1p a minute. Got broadband as soon as it came to my village in Feb 2005. Had computers for nearly aslong as I can remember, I had my own that my grandad bought me when I was like 6 (1995), and had loads of games on casette tape.
I think I was 12ish.
Reply 54
1999, when it was starting to take off.

I used to go to Yahoo games and I had an account for some 3D maze game where you could travel from room to room and play against people in stuff like Battleships, chequers, etc.
god wasn't dial-up cruddy
thank god we didn't have it for long, we got broadband in like 2001 maybe at the latest
dunno, i must have been 10 when i first used the internet, remember using askjeeves in year 5 for a school project on frogs or something!
LULZ
Reply 56
When my dad took me to his office. About 9 or 10ish I guess...? 2000 probably.
Erm... I don't know actually! Not until the age of about 8 or 9 I think. Freeserve dial-up ftw lol.. We had it before then but I was too into 10/10 games :p:
Reply 58
I used to play a game called smart-Alec on the computers at nursery... My dad used to fix those computers sometimes... I would say, I was about 3 or 4. I didn't actually use the internet until I was about 8 and we didn't get internet until I was 10, funnily enough, it wasn't dial-up.

Latest

Trending

Trending