The Student Room Group

Tesco right to work error?! What else can I do?

I get an error message on the screen telling me to let my Tesco contact know or it says error 404 every time I click the link for the right to work check. I have emailed first advantage and Tesco and I have been re-sent the link 5 times now. And I have also tried logging in to Tesco careers and scrolling down the dashboard to click on the right to work check that way and still no luck!
I let the manager know who interviewed me today and he said if it’s still not working then unfortunately I’ve missed out on the job opportunity. I really need this job and I’m determined. I only have 24 hours to complete the right to work check though.

What else can I do?!
Original post by emzie02
I get an error message on the screen telling me to let my Tesco contact know or it says error 404 every time I click the link for the right to work check. I have emailed first advantage and Tesco and I have been re-sent the link 5 times now. And I have also tried logging in to Tesco careers and scrolling down the dashboard to click on the right to work check that way and still no luck!
I let the manager know who interviewed me today and he said if it’s still not working then unfortunately I’ve missed out on the job opportunity. I really need this job and I’m determined. I only have 24 hours to complete the right to work check though.

What else can I do?!

Have you tried using a different web browser and/or a different device? Is your browser configured to block JavaScript or cookies? Have you tried clearing cookies for the site in question (or generally)?
Original post by emzie02

What else can I do?!

Have you tried a private/incognito window which might not block some of the features? Also check or temporarily block your firewall. Your internet provider might also be very strict and has blocked it so you might want to go and try on a different network. Good luck.
(edited 3 months ago)
Is there a service desk number you could ring or email? Try disconnect and reconnect ur wifi or try on a diff device/browser
Reply 4
Original post by DataVenia
Have you tried using a different web browser and/or a different device? Is your browser configured to block JavaScript or cookies? Have you tried clearing cookies for the site in question (or generally)?

Yes I’ve tried on my partners phone and my laptop and it still doesn’t work. I’ve tried clearing cookies on all 3 devices
Reply 5
Original post by BreadForce
Have you tried a private/incognito window which might not block some of the features? Also check or temporarily block your firewall. Your internet provider might also be very strict and has blocked it so you might want to go and try on a different network. Good luck.

How do I block the firewall?
I connected to the shopping centres wifi yesterday and it did the same thing and even when I use my data
Original post by emzie02
How do I block the firewall?
I connected to the shopping centres wifi yesterday and it did the same thing and even when I use my data

No idea, sorry, my father does it. He's said that our internet provider also blocks some pages.
Did you sort this out? The same thing is happening to me!
Reply 8
Original post by gypsysunrouge
Did you sort this out? The same thing is happening to me!

Me too!! I have no idea how to sort it
Reply 9
Has anyone managed to figure this out? I have 2 applications to do this for and don’t know what to do
Reply 10
Original post by astock93
Has anyone managed to figure this out? I have 2 applications to do this for and don’t know what to do

I found out that it tends to be an issue when you’ve done it once. Which is a pretty crap system imo. I had more success applying with a brand new account but that’s the only advice I can offer *
Original post by JTrxcky
I found out that it tends to be an issue when you’ve done it once. Which is a pretty crap system imo. I had more success applying with a brand new account but that’s the only advice I can offer *

Yes I've done this too!
Reply 12
Original post by gypsysunrouge
Yes I've done this too!

Did yours work? Mine has done to my knowledge anyway 😆
Yeah it did

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending