The Student Room Group

is there any point getting 1 A level ?

Well I have recently decided that I do not want to go to University straight after A -Levels as I am not sure what I want to do with my life yet and I think I need at least a year to build up some work experience get a job and find myself. I am currently doing AS levels in Sociology RE and English. I got a B in a recent Sociology unit 1 exam which I am proud of. I got a D in RE and in English we did coursework which I have no grade for yet I appear to be getting worse in these two subjects and I am starting to doubt that I can even pass them as each module gets harder at A-Level. I am not dropping out of sixth form as I have dropped out of so many things already that it will not be good. Do you think even going out of sixth form with BUU will be better than nothing and still help my prospects? The only subject I truly enjoy/understand is Sociology and I can not envisage dropping it and it is the only thing keeping me in education.
I got 3A 2B 3C 1D GCSE grades last year with the D in Maths which I am re-sitting

do you guys have any advice???
Reply 1
Why not continue with your sociology and either RE or english? That way you might get atleast a D in your other, ontop of your sociology.
I'm always of the mindset that any A levels trump none. But if you're planning to go to uni, I'm not sure. Perhaps, like I said, continue with sociology and one other this year. Then next year finish your A2 sociology and your other subject. Year after, perhaps be an extenal student and either resat any modules from your two subjects you didnt do well in and perhaps pick an AS up that catches your eye?

What are you hoping to do at uni?
Reply 2
thanks for your advice I am having a meeting with the head of sixth form after the Easter break and I will tell her everything and we will see what happens. What you said is a distinct possibility I might just do these 3 for AS and then drop one probably RE and just get Sociology and English A levels ....
Definitely carry on with ur best alevels and aim really high
Reply 4
Try 2. I mean one is better than none in the long run, no doubt....but keep on with English as well. You never know, things might turn. Talking to your sixth form tutor is a very good idea though.

Good luck etc
Messi
X

Latest