The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accomodation

Hi all, the Liverpool forum seems kind of dead compared to others but I was just wondering if anyone knew if those with unconditional offers will have a very high chance of getting their first choice accommodation or is there still a chance they will put you somewhere you didn't even apply too, even with them allocating unconditional people first?

Thanks!

xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi

I have an unconditional for Liverpool. I phoned the accommodation office the other day and they told me applications for accommodation start in March, I told them I had an unconditional and they said that it would be no problem to get your first choice of accommodation if you apply in March. I want to live in the on campus accommodation and as far as i know It's quite hard to get a place...

Hope that helps:smile::smile:
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
finch21
Hi

I have an unconditional for Liverpool. I phoned the accommodation office the other day and they told me applications for accommodation start in March, I told them I had an unconditional and they said that it would be no problem to get your first choice of accommodation if you apply in March. I want to live in the on campus accommodation and as far as i know It's quite hard to get a place...

Hope that helps:smile::smile:

Thanks for that! I think unconditionals get their places allocated to them first and then those with conditional offers get theirs in August because theres no point giving out accommodation offers before incase people don't reach their offers! Oh the benefits of a gap year lol :smile: which one on campus are you looking at? And what course are you doing??

xxx
Reply 3
I'm doing LLB Law so i think i should be a two min walk from the Law School which is pretty nice.

Yeah i guess that makes sense... I think Mulberry court looks best from the On-campus accommodation:smile: although it's hard to know until you see it!

Which accommodation were you looking at? Are you planning to accept Liverpool as your firm?

xxxx
Reply 4
I've got unconditional for Liverpool too, totally agree with the accommodation advantage of being on a gap year...
Is there anyway of finding out which halls are near which departments online?
Reply 5
I'm not totally sure but all the on campus accommodation is within walking distance of each other. So all departments would be in close proximity.

There's videos on the accommodation website that might give you a better idea.

You could contact the accommodation officer on 0151 795 0377
Reply 6
finch21
I'm not totally sure but all the on campus accommodation is within walking distance of each other. So all departments would be in close proximity.

There's videos on the accommodation website that might give you a better idea.

You could contact the accommodation officer on 0151 795 0377

Yep i've already firmed Liverpool! I take it you are as well ?? I am tempted by accommodaton on campus but going to wait until i've been on the open day first to decide!

and spanish the best thing to do is get the street name of your building and put it on google maps then cick "search nearby" and type in the name of the accommodation and it will show the distance. All the ones off campus you would need to get a bus to get into the city centre but they are regular :smile:

xxx
Reply 7
lol2003
From someone in their first year at Liverpool (finch21: also doing Law LLB) I really would advise living on the carnatic or greenbank sites in your first year. This is where most undergrads tend to go and where, in my opinion, you're more likely to make friends - they're very sociable places! The transport issue is not a problem, buses are every 10 minutes and EVERYONE is in the same boat.

The on campus accommodation tends to be exclusive to international and postgraduate students, who culturally, tend to keep themselves to themselves.

That's my advice!

Thank you! Where are you staying at the moment? i can't wait to see the accommodation in Feb and we unconditional folk will find out where we are by about April I think!

xxx
Reply 8

I'm staying in Roscoe and Gladstone on the greenbank site. Which, is the most modern off campus accommodation. I'd say one of the only downsides to the off campus accommodation is, apart from a few places in derby and rathbone, it's all catered - which can be a hassle sometimes. But as i said before, everyone is in the same boat and it's a sociable thing eating together at tea and breakfast - i often see people from my course in the canteen too and have a chat.

The vast majority of undergraduates (who aren't overseas students) live off campus in either greenbank or carnatic... (in fact, i don't think i've ever seen a postgrad here). So you're really getting the best of the 'social' life off campus tbh!

That's what i was a little worried about. My friend said that it would be harder meeting people in the on-campus accommodation.

I heard that the queues for buses back to carnatic and greenbank are really long as-well and that you can wait for up to an hour in the queue for evening meal in carnatic...

I'm sure this isn't as bad as i have been told..

I was going to ask you if i was working In a bar in the city or the union, would it be hard getting a bus home after or does the buses to greenbank and carnatic run late..

Oooo and how is the law school in Liverpool, do they put on lots of events for the law society? How are you finding the workload on the first year?

Sorry for all the questions:smile::smile:
Reply 9
From Carnatic perspective...
The buses are FINE. Nothing to worry about at all...it can get busy between 3 and 5 as lol2003 said, but by no means unbearable.
Queues at dinner were pretty bad in freshers week, but it calmed down after that. The past week I've just walked straight in and not had to queue more than about 2 minutes! During freshers week the long dinner queues are actuaally pretty good - opportunity to meet and talk to the randomers stood next to you!
The food at Carnatic can be pretty terrible, however, that's just my view, quite a lot of my friends say i'm just riculously picky and am moaning for no reason!!
Reply 10
I just thought i would comment to say that i thought that LOL2003's posts have been really useful.

Was just wondering whether anyone knows anything about the Prospect Point accomodation?

I went to the accomodation open day last week and was shocked by the accomodation. Especially compared to Sheffield Uni which was like a palace in comparison! I visited Carnatic, and Mulberry. Carnatic i thought was horrible, the only good bit being the bit with the bar, which i thought would help me meet lots of friends. Mulberry court, was disgusting, the floor boards creaked as you walked in, it smelt funny, was dull, and walls were brown. I didn't visit Greenbank, which from this forum appears to have the best reviews.

The last place i looked at was Prospect Point which was absolutely gorgeous. All rooms were ensuite, they were big, brand new, the shared kitchen/living room came with a leather couch, the rooms were all white, had lovely bathrooms and kitchens. My only worry would be that i wouldn't meet friends there because there wasnt any mutual place, like at carnatic, where everyone can meet together. Was wondering whether anyone has been to Prospect Point or knows of anyone who goes there, how they found it? etc.

Any replies are greatly appreciated.

Reply 11
Was just wondering whether anyone knows anything about the Prospect Point accomodation?

I went to the accomodation open day last week and was shocked by the accomodation. Especially compared to Sheffield Uni which was like a palace in comparison! I visited Carnatic, and Mulberry. Carnatic i thought was horrible, the only good bit being the bit with the bar, which i thought would help me meet lots of friends. Mulberry court, was disgusting, the floor boards creaked as you walked in, it smelt funny, was dull, and walls were brown. I didn't visit Greenbank, which from this forum appears to have the best reviews.

The last place i looked at was Prospect Point which was absolutely gorgeous. All rooms were ensuite, they were big, brand new, the shared kitchen/living room came with a leather couch, the rooms were all white, had lovely bathrooms and kitchens. My only worry would be that i wouldn't meet friends there because there wasnt any mutual place, like at carnatic, where everyone can meet together. Also, the boy who showed me around the accomodation seemed to enjoy his own space, and just want to get his work done in his room without really leaving it. Was wondering whether anyone has been to Prospect Point or knows of anyone who goes there, how they found it? etc.

hanban18

The last place i looked at was Prospect Point which was absolutely gorgeous. All rooms were ensuite, they were big, brand new, the shared kitchen/living room came with a leather couch, the rooms were all white, had lovely bathrooms and kitchens. My only worry would be that i wouldn't meet friends there because there wasnt any mutual place, like at carnatic, where everyone can meet together. Also, the boy who showed me around the accomodation seemed to enjoy his own space, and just want to get his work done in his room without really leaving it. Was wondering whether anyone has been to Prospect Point or knows of anyone who goes there, how they found it? etc.

I also went to the accommodation open day :smile:

I agree with you about Carnatic! I couldn't actually believe that it was the same price as Greenbank. I only visited Carnatic and Greenbank and I think I will be applying for Greenbank.
Reply 13
Does anyone go to any private accomodation? Such as Opal Court, Prospect Point, Lennon Studios, Capital Gate etc?

I'll be a first year Law student and worried that i won't feel part of student life, despite the fact that this accomodation is much nicer than the uni off campus accomodation.
Reply 14
They're all student accommodation buildings, so I'm sure you'll meet/make plenty of friends/students coming and going, neighboughs organising parties/events etc.

Plus they're in the city centre and 5-10 min walk from the campus compared to 30 min bus ride.
Reply 15
i was at greenbank last year and i loved it! i was on a gap year so i was lucky and got self catering ensuite. buses were never a problem and actually fun on a night out. :smile:
lol2003
I'm staying in Roscoe and Gladstone on the greenbank site. Which, is the most modern off campus accommodation. I'd say one of the only downsides to the off campus accommodation is, apart from a few places in derby and rathbone, it's all catered - which can be a hassle sometimes. But as i said before, everyone is in the same boat and it's a sociable thing eating together at tea and breakfast - i often see people from my course in the canteen too and have a chat.

The vast majority of undergraduates (who aren't overseas students) live off campus in either greenbank or carnatic... (in fact, i don't think i've ever seen a postgrad here). So you're really getting the best of the 'social' life off campus tbh!

Anything else you want to know pm/ quote me and i'll reply! What course you studying for idesofmarch?

i was there last year, miss it loads! which block are you in?
Reply 17
hanban18
Does anyone go to any private accomodation? Such as Opal Court, Prospect Point, Lennon Studios, Capital Gate etc?

I'll be a first year Law student and worried that i won't feel part of student life, despite the fact that this accomodation is much nicer than the uni off campus accomodation.

im going to either prospect point or grand central, or maybeeeeeee cambridge court...im going to be a first year maths student so im hoping ill get the student experience from there!

Where you from? is it going to be your firm choice?
Reply 18
hanban18

Hi, I went to the accom open day and visited philharmonic and mulberry which were both quite frankly gross and smelly!!! prospect point looks like a much better option but like you i'm worried that it won't be full of undergrads and more older students wanting to work the day away...
Reply 19
sam.l
Hi, I went to the accom open day and visited philharmonic and mulberry which were both quite frankly gross and smelly!!! prospect point looks like a much better option but like you i'm worried that it won't be full of undergrads and more older students wanting to work the day away...

everybody seems to have the same concerns with all the private accomodation, but ive spoken to a few 1st years now that are all applying to prospect point or grand central or cambridge court...theyre all fantastic and they are for any year, in fact 1st years get 1st refusal...hope this helps

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending