The Student Room Group
Reply 1
yeah, i'm not too up on the subject but it is possible to decline your mark from the exam board and effectively turn down your qualification, there is probably better information available about these sort of situations on the web sites of exam boards etc.
Reply 2
Yes, you will need to decline your grades if you don't want the universities and UCAS see your AS grades. Ask your examinations officer to do this for you. He/she will ask you to fill in a form to do this.
Reply 3
Superb - thank you very much for your help.

Just another question though - by declining the grade, I can still keep my module scores, and just retake the one module in the subject? That's right isn't it?

Thanks again.
Reply 4
pleasehelp
Superb - thank you very much for your help.

Just another question though - by declining the grade, I can still keep my module scores, and just retake the one module in the subject? That's right isn't it?

Thanks again.

Yes, you can keep the module scores and retake the module you want to retake and they will contribute to your overall A-level score after you complete year 13.
Reply 5
Thanks everyone.

So what happens when you come to put the grades for your each of the subjects on the UCAS form?

Thanks again.
Reply 6
Ummm I thought if you declined your grades then you had to retake those modules?????

If you don't decline then you add each of your ASs as a qualification stating the grade you got, and then each of your A2s as a separate qual and set the grade to "Pending".

I guess if you decline then you just do the second bit
Bekaboo
Ummm I thought if you declined your grades then you had to retake those modules?????

If you don't decline then you add each of your ASs as a qualification stating the grade you got, and then each of your A2s as a separate qual and set the grade to "Pending".

I guess if you decline then you just do the second bit

Isn't there a difference between not cashing in and declining? So if you don't cah in your modules, you don't have to declare them on your UCAS form but you don't have to resit them, whereas if you decline, you do have to resit them? Confusing! I'm glsd my school automatically doesn't cash in :cool:
Reply 8
Well that's what I thought - Because surely declining means that you don't want them??? but I'm not sure...
Reply 9
Thanks for your comments so far.

Basically, I just want to know what I have to do, so that I don't show my AS results on my UCAS form.

My GCSE results, and predicted A level grades are the ones I want the Universities to see.

So what do you recommend I do then? (My school (teachers/exams officers) have no idea what to do at all!)

Please help! :redface:

Thank you.

Latest