The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rooster523
No, Hussein wasn't tortured so why should Hitler.

not that i am conveying an opinion, but that's the worst logic i've seen in an age
Reply 81
no, just one gun shot to the head which he did himself anyway
dukeofgrove
Bassicaly if we found Hitler in some argentinain cave today would you condone torturing him?

Was having this discusion the other day and couldnt believe my mate said no. What do you think?

No. He had an idea, and although it was a horrible one, he still thought it was acceptable... how long did it take for somebody to stand up against him?

Yes his idea was a disgrace, but he couldn't have put it into effect alone, lots of people joined him, stood by him, and lots of people kept their mouths quiet about it all and carried on with their lives.
A painless swift execution, similar to what the 9/11 masterminds will get. That is justice. No to torture.
Turin Turambar
No, why would he be tortured for uniting Europe, providing a stable economy, his anti-war efforts and preventing the spread of bolshevism?

Oh you mean for the Holocaust™? No, a million people dying of typhoid does not warrant torture.

Early contender for Troll Post of the year :rofl:
Not at all, only uncivilised barbarians torture their opponents.

Trial for crimes against humanity and genocide, followed by life imprisonment (till death) is the way to go.
Reply 86
georgia08
The reason some people have a different opinion to your own is because they are intellectually inferior to you. :smile:

I accept other views it just seems sopme people are trying to excuse his actions :angry:.

Although you are right any one with a different opinion is certainly inferior :biggrin:
Reply 87
Punishment works as a deterrent and to exclude people from society, punishment as revenge is pointless. People also torture for information and fun, once they're dead it's not going to matter anyway.

bornfishy
Cos they're all progressive, forward thinking teens gonna change the world, innit.

As oppose to conservative, backwards thinking old folk?
Torture him-Only if I thought he knew the location of other ex war criminals but refused to divulge information. Other than that why would I, It would serve no purpose.
Reply 89
dukeofgrove
Aparently im just sadistic then :-/

I think the whole old man things irrelevant he killed many old people the bloke was nuts he just didnt care about others lives or suffering so why should we care about his?

Contrary, he actually cared, he just didn't care the same for everyone. He was very passionate about the Germans and their welfare, much like most of the Nazi party, many did not want their children to grow up in a world where Russians would be in charge for example. On the other hand he saw Jews (and a few other groups) to be a plague which harm (his) society. Unlike other dictators he didn't waste all his resources to maintain his power but rather to change the world for something which he taught was a better future.
Joseph Mengele should at least have been made to test one of his special chameleon iris "eye drops" on Hitler. I think that's a more than reasonable thing for Hitler to sit through
Reply 91
issih
for most people i would say no...
but for hitler u just think about the amount of pain and suffering he caused to millions, then yes.

A hell of lot of national leaders have caused immense pain and suffering to millions too. Hitler was not much worse than them.

If you want to hypothetically torture him, then there are a lot of other leaders, some even alive today, who deserve that too.

Personally, I would not agree with it.
Reply 92
Turin Turambar
No, why would he be tortured for uniting Europe, providing a stable economy, his anti-war efforts and preventing the spread of bolshevism?

Oh you mean for the Holocaust™? No, a million people dying of typhoid does not warrant torture.

:L

Thats actually class :L

evil evil child :L
I think we should let the Holocaust survivors decide.
Reply 94
nuodai
I think you'd have to be pretty sick to torture a 121-year-old man, even if it is Hitler!

How would torturing Hitler now stop the atrocities from happening 65-80 years ago? If the question posed was "would you torture Hitler to prevent the atrocities" then I'm sure there would be a significantly smaller number of people who would say no.

My point was more aimed at those saying that torturing him would be sinking to his level. I respect that to some, torture is unacceptable, especially where it doesn't benefit anyone (as you point out), but for someone to believe that it's on the same level as what he did just baffles me.
Reply 95
ito725
Contrary, he actually cared, he just didn't care the same for everyone. He was very passionate about the Germans and their welfare, much like most of the Nazi party, many did not want their children to grow up in a world where Russians would be in charge for example. On the other hand he saw Jews (and a few other groups) to be a plague which harm (his) society. Unlike other dictators he didn't waste all his resources to maintain his power but rather to change the world for something which he taught was a better future.

Seriously? Are you a Nazi?
Reply 96
Robert Paulson
Believe it or not Adam, people will hold different views. Sit on your computer and talk about relativism all you wish, but don't expect others to not point out the stupidity and futility of your attempts to tell them what to think. Hitler went to the grave for his cause, which demonstrates how powerful determination can be. It's not like your message is going to change anybody's mind here, so cut the 'wise' crap.

By the way, I wouldn't advocate torturing Hitler. See my post just above this one if you wish to know my thoughts.

Excuse me? Just where am I telling anyone what to think? Just exactly is stupid with what I am saying?

Why are you even quoting me? Everything you say has no relevance to what I have said. I am not trying to change everyone's mind. But just as according to you people are pointing out the supposed stupidity in what I say, I am pointing out the hypocriticality of hating people of who have killed millions of people, and then choose to repeat the same action.

Maybe I have disgruntled you in a previous post or maybe you have your own irritations and your post was merely a manifestation of this, but I ask in future, please dont take your pretty annoyances out on someone on an internet forum.
Yeah. He deserves it.

Nothing really twisted though. Just beat the pulp out of him.
Reply 98
Krakatoa
Well torturing him now wouldn't acheive much.

I would make him watch Transformers 2 over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.That is torture itself.

Is showing him a film with Megan Fox in it really torture??
Reply 99
no. its not my place to judge who deserves what. and anyway apart from revenge theres nothing to get out of torturing an old man

Latest

Trending

Trending