The Student Room Group

People stare rudely at me.

i'm a black girl in spain and also not the only one. i notice that people dont stare rudely at other black people but they stare rudely at me. even some black people stare rudely at me and i dont know why. what's the problem?
And you're definitely not doing something or looking a certain way for people to be singling you out? It can't be for no reason.
I haven't heard many stories of racism or overt staring in Spain, and by the sounds of it, it's not a problem for the other Black people you see.

Is there any other context you could think of? Are you with anyone, acting in a way that could grab attention or just plain ol' attractive? It might also be because they notice you're a tourist (if you look around at the sights, don't speak Spanish or hang around tourist areas).
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
And you're definitely not doing something or looking a certain way for people to be singling you out? It can't be for no reason.

well, when i go out, i walk in peace until i lock eyes with a first white person that glares at me, then another, then another and another and at last, this ****es me off making me put on an angry and annoyed face. upon putting on this this face as a form of defence, i get more and more stares even from afar. i be waiting for the traffic light to turn green and be noticing that 8 of every 10 people in the opposite be staring at me like im some alien. even the ugliest black girl in the world doesnt get as much stares as i do. now, whenever anyone stares at me, i frown because i never know if they are judging me for no reason or admiring me whattsoever. even if it was admiration, i dont think i deserve a lot of glares that white women give me on the street. because of this, i have decided that maybe spain isnt meant for me. i dont have any friends and even if i did, and the end because of one reason or the other, they go away. if you want, i can send u a pic of my face so u can determine what the prob is.... i never talk about this with my parents bcos they dont expirience such and they'll think im weird
Reply 4
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

i have a resting ***** face just like most other girls. but i dont think it desrves the stare i get from 5 meters away. im 175cm tall and i dont think im that ugly for their uncivilised behaviour

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending