The Student Room Group

idk what to do anymore

i am so stressed about school like i can never concentrate in class has anyone got any help
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by messedupgirl
i am so stressed and when i talk to my parents if my mom interupts my dad he tells her to f*** off and that really annoys me my dad has ruined my moms life he has manipulated her into staying with her to the point my sister had to get social services involved and now they are splitting up but we are still living together at the minute while mom finds a new house and i am so scared for school everything is so stressful at the minute i dont know what to do

this time shall pass too. you have been strong and brave together keep it. everything will be alright :bear:
Original post by messedupgirl
i am so stressed and when i talk to my parents if my mom interupts my dad he tells her to f*** off and that really annoys me my dad has ruined my moms life he has manipulated her into staying with her to the point my sister had to get social services involved and now they are splitting up but we are still living together at the minute while mom finds a new house and i am so scared for school everything is so stressful at the minute i dont know what to do

Evrythign is going to be okay! Trust me, you do you. Follow your dreams, focus on school, listen to some music, hang out with your loved ones/friends!
Its all going to pass by soon but you have to stay strong for you and your sister!!!! Life is hard and unfair i get it but look at the positive sides for now. And just like i said gurl so follow your dreams thats the #1 thing that can make somebody happy!
I hope dat u feel better soon! You desrve better tbh
* Every child deserves a parent but not every parent desrves a child *
^^
I feel for you. This can't be easy and you are allowed to feel whatever you feel.

If things feel overwhelming right now, that's OK. It's natural to feel "caught in the middle" when parents split up, but know that none of this is your fault.

One thing that can help you with your feelings in the moment, even when you feel anxious or scared, is to observe the feeling and not to fight it.
What this means is that if, for example, you're feeling scared, you tell yourself: "I'm feeling scared, that's OK, that's not my fault. I'm just feeling scared, I accept that that feeling is there, but it will pass. There will be a solution to my problem, this situation will not last forever and there are people who want to help me."

Go to school. No matter what, make sure you are there for as long as you can be. I understand it may be scary with your family situation, but school is safe, and it's the one place where you will be able to talk to someone who will listen, and you will be able to get help.
If you are struggling to get holiday homework / preparation for school done, don't worry too much about it. I'm sure your teachers will understand - this is a mitigating circumstance for sure.

As soon as you get to school, talk to a teacher. The one you trust the most. Doesn't matter what subject or even if they teach you at all.
Explain your full situation and be honest. Don't hide any details. You won't get in trouble for telling them about rude words your dad uses either.
They only have your best interests at heart. They may get you to speak to a year head / deputy head / head of pastoral care because these people have access to the widest possible range of services to help you - if they do, tell the full truth to that person too. They will never tell your parents that you spoke to them if they think you could end up getting hurt as a result, but they might speak to social services if they are already involved.

You don't have to tell your friends if you don't want to. Or you might choose to talk to only one or two people. It's entirely your decision.

If you feel like it's all too much and you need someone to listen straight away, you should call Childline on 08001111 (or 116111) if you're under 18, or you can also call Samaritans on 116123. The Childline website also offers a live-chat service if you don't want to be heard.

I can't lie and say things are not going to change, but everyone around you who cares about you, wants this change to be as positive as it can be for you, and for you to be as happy as you can be.

If you need any more help or you have any more questions you can talk to your teachers, call the numbers above, or just post here and I'll be here!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending