The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Pretty good to be honest. I did the compulsory "Reason and Experience" and then "The Idea of God".

R+E was fine, nice questions to be honest. The first required you to know the distinction and the second could be effectively tackled.

The Idea of God had such a nice second question! The first was very do-able too, so hopefully good marks!

How about you?
Reply 2
I havent got a clue how I did.. im doing it at home by myself, learnt the syllabus and just answered the question.
the first one I took about the value of knowledge between the two and how one is reliant on experience, the other not.
in the 30 mark for RandE, I talked about how data is just a buzzing mass or raw data without conceptual schemes and talking about how empiricist would not agree that we had conceptual schemes etc.. to be honest its a bit fuzzy now, just hope I do ok in it....

I did personhood for my second question... werent the easiest questions Ive seen but its my favourite topic!
Reply 3
Yay For Jay
Pretty good to be honest. I did the compulsory "Reason and Experience" and then "The Idea of God".

R+E was fine, nice questions to be honest. The first required you to know the distinction and the second could be effectively tackled.

The Idea of God had such a nice second question! The first was very do-able too, so hopefully good marks!

How about you?

I havent got a clue how I did.. im doing it at home by myself, learnt the syllabus and just answered the question.
the first one I talked about the value of knowledge between the two and how one is reliant on experience, the other not.
in the 30 mark for RandE, I talked about how data is just a buzzing mass or raw data without conceptual schemes and talking about how empiricist would not agree that we had conceptual schemes etc.. to be honest its a bit fuzzy now, just hope I do ok in it....

I did personhood for my second question... werent the easiest questions Ive seen but its my favourite topic!

What are the grade boundaries for getting an A? I assume 80% but then others say 70% for some reason!
Reply 4
Ah, sounds good! All the best :smile:

Well it's 80% UMS for an A (which basically means 80/100 on the sheet you get,) but with regards to raw marks it varies between 55-72 ish out of 90 I think. Depends on the overall trend for the country and also how hard the paper was deemed.
Reply 5
Yay For Jay
Ah, sounds good! All the best :smile:

Well it's 80% UMS for an A (which basically means 80/100 on the sheet you get,) but with regards to raw marks it varies between 55-72 ish out of 90 I think. Depends on the overall trend for the country and also how hard the paper was deemed.

Thankyou! What did you write for the RE questions?

Hmmm cool... I actually thought that the exam paper seemed harder then the past papers Ive done. Ill be very fustrated if I dont get a good mark but I dont feel very confident about it!
Reply 6
I can't remember exactly what I wrote! I remember I gave the distinction between contingent and necessary by saying necessary are true in all possible worlds, contingent aren't. And gave examples.

Then for the conceptual schemes question I discussed what our knowledge would be like without something to order it and how conceptual schemes need empiricism as much as empiricism needs conceptual schemes. I think it went okay :smile:

How about you?

Latest

Trending

Trending