The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy

Hey everyone,
Does anybody know the grade boundaries for 2022 AQA philosophy a level?
Also, to anyone who regularly gets the top band marks in the 25 markers, how do u structure the essay?
Thanks all in advance :smile:
The grade boundaries for 2022 are below BUT this year's grade boundaries will be more like the 2019 grade boundaries (also below)

Total 200
A*=140, A=119, B=95, C=71, D=47, E=23

Total 200
A*=154, A=131, B=107, C=83, D=59, E=35

For an A grade essay live marked, go to https://youtu.be/Ybzf46nEkH8 OR gcs_pre youtube channel
Original post by TeacherMrCooper
The grade boundaries for 2022 are below BUT this year's grade boundaries will be more like the 2019 grade boundaries (also below)

Total 200
A*=140, A=119, B=95, C=71, D=47, E=23

Total 200
A*=154, A=131, B=107, C=83, D=59, E=35

For an A grade essay live marked, go to https://youtu.be/Ybzf46nEkH8 OR gcs_pre youtube channel

Hi! Thank you so much the video was really helpful! 😁 Do you have any tips for evaluation during the 25 marker - Sometimes I get high marks but sometimes I don’t and to me it feels like I’m doing the same thing? It’s fine if not!
Thanks again, I appreciate it!!
helloo! im currently trying to practice 25 markers for the aqa alevel philosophy exam in may (2023), and i know that last year's 25 marker for moral philosophy was about meta ethics. does anyone have the wording for that question? thank you
Original post by starrynight01
Hi! Thank you so much the video was really helpful! 😁 Do you have any tips for evaluation during the 25 marker - Sometimes I get high marks but sometimes I don’t and to me it feels like I’m doing the same thing? It’s fine if not!
Thanks again, I appreciate it!!

what consistently works for me is to ensure that after each paragraph of discussion or points, i link back to what initial point i laid out in the introduction (essentially your answer to the question). this for me means elaborating on how the points i just said link to the question, and what the consequences of them are - plus whether it's a strong or a weak point! my teachers always tell me to rank the arguments i make throughout the essay. i tend to naturally start with the most obvious and strong answer to the question, so it's fairly easy to rank and say, 'this argument is the strongest because x,y,z and thus it supports my point of view because a,b,c. hope that helped!
Original post by amber_jg
what consistently works for me is to ensure that after each paragraph of discussion or points, i link back to what initial point i laid out in the introduction (essentially your answer to the question). this for me means elaborating on how the points i just said link to the question, and what the consequences of them are - plus whether it's a strong or a weak point! my teachers always tell me to rank the arguments i make throughout the essay. i tend to naturally start with the most obvious and strong answer to the question, so it's fairly easy to rank and say, 'this argument is the strongest because x,y,z and thus it supports my point of view because a,b,c. hope that helped!

Hi! Thanks for the response sorry my reply is late I never realised you replied! What do you mean by ‘what the consequences of them are’? Do you mind giving an example?? Thanks again, I really appreciate it!! 😊
Original post by starrynight01
Hi! Thanks for the response sorry my reply is late I never realised you replied! What do you mean by ‘what the consequences of them are’? Do you mind giving an example?? Thanks again, I really appreciate it!! 😊

so, for example if the question was like 'how convincing is indirect realism', and you are arguing against it, you might end a paragraph talking about the problem of dreams or hallucinations. So then, by 'consequences' I mean how does the problem of dreams have an effect on how convincing indirect realism is? Is it a damaging criticism? If that makes sense!
Reply 7
Hi all, if you want to be added to the insta philosophy GC im making then drop me a message _.JL87 on instagram :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending