The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Scroll to see replies

Steveee
Really? That sounds rather backhanded. I'd love to go to Wills, but...

... well I might give it a go. I just hope that I'd not be pushing out a fellow TSRer for my place!

EDIT: and he'll be working there, and he won't get peed off that I'm interrupting his busy schedule?

It's a dog-eat-dog world! :p: Well, it is a little backhanded. To get in for sure, you have to visit the place, follow visit up with a nice letter thanking him, write a p/s in which you mention that you will give a lot to Hall life, and are into sports etc. He LOVES Christians (or so I'm told) and Wills has a chapel.

I rang him before the grades came out, and asked him when I'd know if I was in or not (so I could plan things out... hoping he'd tell me I was/wasn't in) and he told me. Ring up, get the idea across that you're a nice chap, will be giving a lot to hall life, are a bit worried that you are going to end up somewhere you won't fit in... can't hurt, IMHO!
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 21
Clarkey_Berlin
It's a dog-eat-dog world! :p: Well, it is a little backhanded. To get in for sure, you have to visit the place, follow visit up with a nice letter thanking him, write a p/s in which you mention that you will give a lot to Hall life, and are into sports etc. He LOVES Christians (or so I'm told) and Wills has a chapel.

I rang him before the grades came out, and asked him when I'd know if I was in or not (so I could plan things out... hoping he'd tell me I was/wasn't in) and he told me. Ring up, get the idea across that you're a nice chap, will be giving a lot to hall life, are a bit worried that you are going to end up somewhere you won't fit in... can't hurt, IMHO!

I rang, but he wasn't really interested at all. It does seem that other people have been trying this Back Door approach, and although he was civil, it was clear that I was to take my chances with the rest of 'em. Oh - and that he's full to bursting, despite him getting a few people getting re-marked and popped back to Oxbridge.

I didn't even get a chance to say that I'm a lovely christian non-smoker.

Anyway - they've sent the acknowledgment thing back to say that they've got my application. Hopefully I'll hear soon what I'm residing in.
Reply 22
Stevee, is that the accom office sending you the acknowledgment? I'v heard nothing yet even though i dropped it in their pidgeon hole and even rang them the day after. *worries some more*
Reply 23
You know - the little card thing that says "yes we've got your choices"
Reply 24
No i don't know *worries even more*
Reply 25
I'm sure it's all fine, but when you sent your application for accommodation you had to send: 6 stamps :cool: , the sheet, some photos, some self-labeled envelopes, and a little acknowledgment card self addressed.

It's just for your piece of mind... and stuff. Don't worry.

:eek:
Oh. Rough luck. At least you tried!
Reply 27
Damn, that's a good method.

ARGH! I hate waiting for stuff!!! And I am sooo ready to move out..

Latest

Trending

Trending