The Student Room Group

KAAS

Hi everyone I’m in the process of applying for the KAAS and thought it would be helpful if there was a thread about it so people can talk about the different accommodations available etc.

I had a question though, I just applied to KAAS, how long did it take everyone to head back after you submitted?

Thanks!
(edited 11 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

hello!
I managed to book SSA on Wednesday which I'm super grateful for because I'll be studying at Waterloo, so it was the best option for me personally!
on the portal on Wednesday, there were exactly: 16 Angel Lane, 25 GDSA, 4 Hayloft Point, 8 SSA, and 6 Wolfson House rooms. I don't know how many there are currently left as I am unable to access this part of the portal anymore, but they do update regularly!

my story about how long they took to get back to me is a little different due to a mistake they made but I'll share anyway. before I do, I just wanted to say that most people get a reply up to 2 weeks time, but it all depends unfortunately!

I applied for KAAS on 16/04 - I had already applied for student finance as soon as you were able to and I received a letter stating the amount I will be getting. I received a reply from KAAS on 21/04 and I was devastated because they said my application was put on hold despite me being 2nd priority and having everything sorted. they said I was put on hold because I wasn't means-tested which is incorrect because I was means-tested when I applied for max. maintenance loan which I received.

I was so worried because I had no way of getting £450 for the deposit so I frantically emailed them back providing the letter from SF, etc. I (patiently) waited until this Wednesday (also my birthday:s-smilie:) for them to get back to me, saying that I was approved which fortunately was on the same day as they batch released some more accom! so it took around a week for them to reject me, and then 1 and a half weeks to accept me after their mistake haha
Reply 2
Original post by catkittycatcat
hello!
I managed to book SSA on Wednesday which I'm super grateful for because I'll be studying at Waterloo, so it was the best option for me personally!
on the portal on Wednesday, there were exactly: 16 Angel Lane, 25 GDSA, 4 Hayloft Point, 8 SSA, and 6 Wolfson House rooms. I don't know how many there are currently left as I am unable to access this part of the portal anymore, but they do update regularly!

my story about how long they took to get back to me is a little different due to a mistake they made but I'll share anyway. before I do, I just wanted to say that most people get a reply up to 2 weeks time, but it all depends unfortunately!

I applied for KAAS on 16/04 - I had already applied for student finance as soon as you were able to and I received a letter stating the amount I will be getting. I received a reply from KAAS on 21/04 and I was devastated because they said my application was put on hold despite me being 2nd priority and having everything sorted. they said I was put on hold because I wasn't means-tested which is incorrect because I was means-tested when I applied for max. maintenance loan which I received.

I was so worried because I had no way of getting £450 for the deposit so I frantically emailed them back providing the letter from SF, etc. I (patiently) waited until this Wednesday (also my birthday:s-smilie:) for them to get back to me, saying that I was approved which fortunately was on the same day as they batch released some more accom! so it took around a week for them to reject me, and then 1 and a half weeks to accept me after their mistake haha

ahhh that’s nice to hear you got your ideal accommodation! and on your birthday too!!

Ahh so it takes them a while after applying to KAAS to hear back.. that’s not good news for me as it means I probably won’t be able to get the accom i’m most interested in 😢
Original post by gshsghksjhajk
ahhh that’s nice to hear you got your ideal accommodation! and on your birthday too!!

Ahh so it takes them a while after applying to KAAS to hear back.. that’s not good news for me as it means I probably won’t be able to get the accom i’m most interested in 😢

yeah I was so relieved and thankful for them!
also I wouldn’t worry too much - they’ll still be releasing accom for quite a while! and depending on your priority for KAAS, they may get back to you soon. may I ask what accom you’re most interested in?
Reply 4
Hey! Great to hear you have booked SSA! I'm still trying to book a KAAS room, may I know at what time of the day did King's residence invite you to book a room? I want to log on to the portal at that time tomorrow to see if there is any new slot released. Thanks!
Original post by Sherry2022
Hey! Great to hear you have booked SSA! I'm still trying to book a KAAS room, may I know at what time of the day did King's residence invite you to book a room? I want to log on to the portal at that time tomorrow to see if there is any new slot released. Thanks!

I received an email from KAAS at around 10:45am - I saw the email at around 11 and when I went onto the portal right after, there were those rooms available. Before that, I had the portal open on my laptop everyday and I’d be checking around every 15 mins😭
Reply 6
Original post by catkittycatcat
I received an email from KAAS at around 10:45am - I saw the email at around 11 and when I went onto the portal right after, there were those rooms available. Before that, I had the portal open on my laptop everyday and I’d be checking around every 15 mins😭

Thanks! That's a great commitment HAHA I only check several times a day
Reply 7
i’m pretty sure there’s gna be no hayloft rooms left by the time they get back to me 😢💔
Reply 8
i’m pretty sure there’s gna be no hayloft rooms left by the time they get back to me 😢💔

don’t worry i literally just booked a hayloft point room like 1 hour ago! so there’s still some left
Reply 9
Original post by charizzma
don’t worry i literally just booked a hayloft point room like 1 hour ago! so there’s still some left

i only put in my KAAS application yesterday though and I heard it takes a while to hear back. Can I ask how long it took for you to hear back after you submitted your KAAS application?

Congrats on the room btw that’s awesome!
Reply 10
i only put in my KAAS application yesterday though and I heard it takes a while to hear back. Can I ask how long it took for you to hear back after you submitted your KAAS application?

Congrats on the room btw that’s awesome!

They responded to me in exactly 2 weeks, so I would say within 2 working weeks.
Reply 11

For some reason I can't see any Hayloft Point on my portal, are you on KAAS? If so could you please do me a favour to use the change button in the portal to see what other rooms are available? I was wondering if different people have access to different sets of rooms.
Reply 12
For some reason I can't see any Hayloft Point on my portal, are you on KAAS? If so could you please do me a favour to use the change button in the portal to see what other rooms are available? I was wondering if different people have access to different sets of rooms.

I see one Hayloft Point room 10th floor now and has been there for a while. KAAS portal.
Reply 13
Original post by DatGuyHilz
I see one Hayloft Point room 10th floor now and has been there for a while. KAAS portal.

Oh no I wasn't on the portal:redface:, but thanks!!
Reply 14
It's still there for me when I go to change room. I'm booked into Hayloft also 8th floor I think
Reply 15
It's still there for me when I go to change room. I'm booked into Hayloft also 8th floor I think

Thanks, that's strange because I can only see Angel Lane (14), Wolfson House (9). Dunno if there is anything to do with priority level (I am on priority 2 btw)...
Reply 16
Yeah you might be right, seen people talking about how rooms are different. Where do you see priority level?
Yeah you might be right, seen people talking about how rooms are different. Where do you see priority level?

I don’t know anything about priority levels- what are those about?
Thanks, that's strange because I can only see Angel Lane (14), Wolfson House (9). Dunno if there is anything to do with priority level (I am on priority 2 btw)...
Original post by Keepyrheadup
I don’t know anything about priority levels- what are those about?

if you scroll down on this website, you’ll reach the priority section: https://www.kcl.ac.uk/accommodation/undergraduate/kaas
Reply 19

What day/time did you see Hayloft point on the KAAS portal? Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending