The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Corfe House 2010

Scroll to see replies

Just got my accommodation in Corfe house. No idea of room yet so waiting game it is
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 21
I've been confirmed for Corfe House, 406 Room C, Studying BA Television Production :smile:
I have been confirmed for 509 room C.
confirmed 201 A :smile: see y'all soon

also have experience with about 6months chef-ing
and a year in hotels :biggrin:
confirmed 807 E - went and had a look at Corfe House today and its definately some of the nicer student accommodation that I have seen!
Reply 25
I'm going to study a postgrade at talbot campus and don't know if it's better to choose a halls of residence or looking for a shared house, what u think???
Reply 26
charlottet123
confirmed 807 E - went and had a look at Corfe House today and its definitely some of the nicer student accommodation that I have seen!

Did you actually book a viewing and see your room or just the building? If you did go and see the room how big was it? Are the images on the Unite website anything to go by?

Cheers
Hey guys, 401 A here. Corfe wasn't my first choice either (although it was my second anyway :P) . See you all around hopefully!
Cek
Did you actually book a viewing and see your room or just the building? If you did go and see the room how big was it? Are the images on the Unite website anything to go by?

Cheers

No i have a friend who lives there already so he showed me his room and flat etc. The room i saw was a premium room and it was a pretty decent size, there's a double bed and a big desk all along the window at the front. But yeah it looked just like the room on the website.

The bathrooms were simple but nice and not too tiny and i have been assured that the showers are amazing!

The kitchen living room was nice and there are two big fridges in each kitchen etc and tons of storage, but apparently the kitchens come equipped with a lot of stuff so we should check that because tons of people end up having like 6 toasters etc..

I also saw the laundry room which is by the main entrance area and the communal areas which all seem pretty nice. Plus we are literally a stones throw from the Quay which is so nice and also all the shops in Poole including a massive Sainsburys.

And i have been assured by my friend that getting into campus doesn't take too long and the buses run quite frequently and that going out in the evening is fine too because they put on extra buses to take us from Corfe right into the town centre.
Reply 29
Cool thanks for all the info, I have a standard room at £96 p/w, the premium ones are around £102 p/w i think so hopefully there isn't much difference between the two, just need to know what to take because it's a 2 and a half hour drive and i can't really get time off work to go and check the place out. Hope i can fit everything in!
Cek
Cool thanks for all the info, I have a standard room at £96 p/w, the premium ones are around £102 p/w i think so hopefully there isn't much difference between the two, just need to know what to take because it's a 2 and a half hour drive and i can't really get time off work to go and check the place out. Hope i can fit everything in!

Last time i checked i think the unite site let you pick the certain house and it would tell you what is included in it. Things like toaster and kettle were already there although i doubt it would be too much trouble if they were a bit manky or something and needed to go shopping to replace
Reply 31
GavinHinton
Last time i checked i think the unite site let you pick the certain house and it would tell you what is included in it. Things like toaster and kettle were already there although i doubt it would be too much trouble if they were a bit manky or something and needed to go shopping to replace

I agree I think the best thing to do is just to bring whatever you can bring, and if there's extra I'm sure it can still become handy at one point :smile:
JessiElsie
I agree I think the best thing to do is just to bring whatever you can bring, and if there's extra I'm sure it can still become handy at one point :smile:

Im sure there wont be inflatable hammers and frisbee's so they would always be good. and a sammich toaster.
Reply 33
dieweener
Hey, i'm in Corfe for next year, Flat 308 Room A starting in september. I'm doing a post grad and it seems all my other flat mates are first years, one female though. Tough!

Looking forward to it, had a bad experience the last time I was in halls so i'm hoping this year will be better than previous.

That female would be me :P
Hello!

*flat 308 room D
Reply 34
kate087
That female would be me :P
Hello!

*flat 308 room D

Hello new neighbour, look forward to meeting you next month. Sorry about the all male situ. Send me your FB in private message if you want to chat b4 hand.

If not, see you in september!!!:biggrin:
JessiElsie

I've just been on the Unite website and found this page that might interest people:

http://www.unite-students.com/student-accommodation/poole/corfe-house#

If you click on the "property features" tab, it lists everything that they supply you with. Turns out there's a lot more supplied that I thought :smile:
Anyone know if theres a way to find who we will be living with? I remember someone finding out they had 3 female non vegetarians living with them. Just wondering if there is something on unite you can log into and see who is in your flat with you
Reply 37
GavinHinton
Anyone know if theres a way to find who we will be living with? I remember someone finding out they had 3 female non vegetarians living with them. Just wondering if there is something on unite you can log into and see who is in your flat with you

Sign in here > http://www.unite-students.com/

You should have recieved your username/password in an email entitled "Hello and welcome to Unite" or something similar. Once logged in check the links on the left for "My Roomates".
Reply 38
Hey Guys! Im 407 A, I went to see Corfe house, my room and the uni at the weekend. Quite nice!
Reply 39
TaraTMD
Hey Guys! Im 407 A, I went to see Corfe house, my room and the uni at the weekend. Quite nice!

Nice one, How big are the rooms exactly? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending