This discussion is closed.
lumpycustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
how to you give it, how u no if uv recieved it and what does it all mean?
the 1st i herad about rep was the other day...
GH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
We ahve been through this ebfore, click on related threads on the bottom of screen to read it.
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
We ahve been through this ebfore, click on related threads on the bottom of screen to read it.
but this would be ab excellent thread to hack *whahahaha*
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
but this would be ab excellent thread to hack *whahahaha*
You mean hi-jack?

On a related note with the hi-jack, when you want to post a link how do you get it in words like "click here" and then when they click there it takes you to the link.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
who gave me neg rep yesterday? doesnt even say who its from....took 21 points off.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
who gave me neg rep yesterday? doesnt even say who its from....took 21 points off.
You sure it was 21?
Jamie
Badges: 18
Report 16 years ago
obviously its a biggy, so work it out. assume they had 2 or 3 gems (means that they had 18/19 points from posts) times 100, = about 1800 posts (give or take 50) with 3 gems, or 1900 posts (give or take 50) with 2 gems
J
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It narrows it down somewhat, anyone with over 2100 posts must have done it if you're right about the 21 rep points being taken. Do you know how to do the link thing, when you "click here" and the link comes up.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by foolfarian)
obviously its a biggy, so work it out. assume they had 2 or 3 gems (means that they had 18/19 points from posts) times 100, = about 1800 posts (give or take 50) with 3 gems, or 1900 posts (give or take 50) with 2 gems
J
I've tried applying that formulae, it doesnt seem to work...

Curry,btw, how much rep do you get when I rep you?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
It narrows it down somewhat, anyone with over 2100 posts must have done it if you're right about the 21 rep points being taken. Do you know how to do the link thing, when you "click here" and the link comes up.
but i wasnt sayinig anything contreversial, just flirting with JSM, and he can only give 14 points!
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

rep me and i'll let you know

You should have 45.8 points. It's the number of posts/100 isn't it?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

have you ever repped me? i wouldnt know unless you repped me again.
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
rep me and i'll let you know

You should have 45.8 points. It's the number of posts/100 isn't it?
URG! NO ITS MINE!
GH
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I should be able to give 49 points out:

(post count/100) + no. of gems

I can't right now as I just gave some yesterdayu night. So wait a few hours.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
URG! NO ITS MINE!
Calm down, i was joking i don't rep-whore, if someone wants to rep me it's their choice.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

I didn't know about the number of gems in the equation. Does anyone know the answer to my link question?
curryADD
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 2776)

thanks 2776, ill rep you back, someone had bumped me down to my hird gem! for no reason!
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
I didn't know about the number of gems in the equation. Does anyone know the answer to my link question?
When you click reply there's a tool bar at the top, click the little globe to insert a link, a box will show up for you to fill in the text (ie. 'click here') and the url. If you don't have the toolbar go to user cp/ options/ click show tool bar and save.
G4ry
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Infinity)
When you click reply there's a tool bar at the top, click the little globe to insert a link, a box will show up for you to fill in the text (ie. 'click here') and the url. If you don't have the toolbar go to user cp/ options/ click show tool bar and save.
Oh, thanks i'll just try it out now yeah it seems to work. Thanks it only took me about 3 times to get the question answered

What about on other forums, i've seen they have this as well. Will i have one of those globes to click on?
Infinity
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by G4ry)
Oh, thanks i'll just try it out now yeah it seems to work. Thanks it only took me about 3 times to get the question answered

What about on other forums, i've seen they have this as well. Will i have one of those globes to click on?
You should, most come equipped with that feature.
However on some boards like hyperboards it works abit differently, just giving you the URL tags and you just copy and paste the url inside.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (220)
68.11%
No (103)
31.89%

Watched Threads