The Student Room Group

Will LSE still take me, missed my offer

Dear All,

For the BSC in Government, the London School in Economics has given me an offer for which I had to obtain a total IB Score of 37 and 666 on my Higher Level subjects (History, Economics and English A1).

Today I've received my IB scores:

Total: 38
History HL:7
English A1 HL:5
Economics HL:7

Dutch A1 SL: 7
Biology SL: 5
Maths SL: 4

ToK and EE: both A, 3 bonus points.

Question is the following: do I still make a reasonable chance at going to the LSE next year (given their reputation and how much I've missed my offer), or should I aim for other solutions (clearing, gap, retakes, etc.)

Thanks for your help!

Seb
Call them asap. You've got a shot, considering you exceeded their total requirement, and your other HL's were 7s.
What it comes down to is this: if more people missed their offers than expected, then you've got a good chance. If not, then you're out of luck. :frown:
sebspaceman
Dear All,

For the BSC in Government, the London School in Economics has given me an offer for which I had to obtain a total IB Score of 37 and 666 on my Higher Level subjects (History, Economics and English A1).

Today I've received my IB scores:

Total: 38
History HL:7
English A1 HL:5
Economics HL:7

Dutch A1 SL: 7
Biology SL: 5
Maths SL: 4

ToK and EE: both A, 3 bonus points.

Question is the following: do I still make a reasonable chance at going to the LSE next year (given their reputation and how much I've missed my offer), or should I aim for other solutions (clearing, gap, retakes, etc.)

Thanks for your help!

Seb

Don't get your hopes up, but try! You got 1+ you overall offer and got 775 in your HLs. You've got a good case, but the competition might be fierce :frown:
Reply 3
I contacted them but they were very vague, as usual :frown:
I just want to know if others had similar experiences and how things worked out for them :smile:

Seb
Reply 4
I sent them a copy of my EE (Graded 40/40), will that help anything?
Reply 5
Same position as you, but for law.

I feel like we've missed out rather narrowly man :frown: I'm so so disappointed, but I've heard they give many more offers than they have places - in which case all the people who got their offers will go and we won't.
sebspaceman
I sent them a copy of my EE (Graded 40/40), will that help anything?

Depends if you did your EE in English, you could argue that since your English EE gained full marks, you feel that that can somewhat make up for your exam mark, since full marks is incredibly hard to achieve.

Latest

Trending

Trending