The Student Room Group

King's College London: Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Mickyy
everyone i know last year with 9A*s or more was interviewed, even some with less then 600 UKCAT so youll be fine i think

Ahh okay, that's encouraging to hear. thanks! :smile:
jacko0892
Go for it guys! I just got my place on Thursday! UKCAT of 700 and 6A* GCSE... I have been told this is about average! The interviewers are really nice and really let the interview flow! Just get loads on that personal statement and you will be fine!

Good luck! :biggrin:

Cool - this Q applies to anyone else too:

I got 11 A*s (+ 2 As) at GCSE and a UKCAT average of 715..so do i have a good shot at interview?

Thanks
Reply 62
Singh993

I got 11 A*s (+ 2 As) at GCSE and a UKCAT average of 715..so do i have a good shot at interview?

Thanks

You must know that you do...if you've actually read this thread. :s-smilie:
Reply 63
Singh993

Thanks

Yep I would definitely say so! Thats a good set of marks! Just make your personal statement really shine and get loads of WE and ECs!!
Carpet21
You must know that you do...if you've actually read this thread. :s-smilie:

no i didnt - i sorta created one before this then jumped in

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1394016

:L my main queries:

- how many GCSE A*s combined with what UKCAT average will get you an interview?

and in that thread i've asked about the campus' since im also confused as to where you are situated for the 5 years...do you move from one campus to another after 2 years...or are you based in the same place?

Fanks
jacko0892
Yep I would definitely say so! Thats a good set of marks! Just make your personal statement really shine and get loads of WE and ECs!!

ah ok thanks - that's reassuring

would u mind answering my question on the campus'? I've typed it directly above haha :p:

Thanks
Reply 66
Singh993
no i didnt - i sorta created one before this then jumped in

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1394016

:L my main queries:

- how many GCSE A*s combined with what UKCAT average will get you an interview?

and in that thread i've asked about the campus' since im also confused as to where you are situated for the 5 years...do you move from one campus to another after 2 years...or are you based in the same place?

Fanks

They don't specify an exact number of A*s/UKCAT score, but they say that a high number of GCSEs (8+) can make up for a low UKCAT score (which yours isn't).
As you have a lot of A*s and a high score, you should be fine. :smile:

As for the campus thing, I'm afraid I don't have a clue!
Carpet21
They don't specify an exact number of A*s/UKCAT score, but they say that a high number of GCSEs (8+) can make up for a low UKCAT score (which yours isn't).
As you have a lot of A*s and a high score, you should be fine. :smile:

As for the campus thing, I'm afraid I don't have a clue!

gotcha thanks very much :smile: Now just need to clear up on the campus thingy before i apply here instead of Leicester (probably)
:smile:
hii does kcl look at your average score for UKCAT or the individual ones as well?
coz i got an avg of 708 but my verbal was just 550.....
does this matter?? thanks!
Reply 69
Singh993
gotcha thanks very much :smile: Now just need to clear up on the campus thingy before i apply here instead of Leicester (probably)
:smile:

:woo: You have to apply here! That'd mean less competition for me because I'm applying to Leicester instead of here now. :yep:
Carpet21
:woo: You have to apply here! That'd mean less competition for me because I'm applying to Leicester instead of here now. :yep:

hehe how come leicester then? since i've been put off because of their policy on taking the "lowest UKCAT score"...which sucks a little :frown:
buttercup123
hii does kcl look at your average score for UKCAT or the individual ones as well?
coz i got an avg of 708 but my verbal was just 550.....
does this matter?? thanks!

i should think just your average...so you should be ok. i think :p:
Reply 72
Singh993
hehe how come leicester then? since i've been put off because of their policy on taking the "lowest UKCAT score"...which sucks a little :frown:

Yeah it does suck a little seeing as my lowest score is over a hundred less than my average. :o: But after looking at accommodation costs in London I know there's just no way I'm going to able to afford it there...plus I love Leicester anyway. :smile:
Carpet21
Yeah it does suck a little seeing as my lowest score is over a hundred less than my average. :o: But after looking at accommodation costs in London I know there's just no way I'm going to able to afford it there...plus I love Leicester anyway. :smile:

fair enough! well good luck to you :smile:
Reply 74
Singh993
fair enough! well good luck to you :smile:

Thanks, you too! :biggrin:
hello everyone! im a re-applicant, just had a look at kings because it dosnt need the bmat :wink:

anyone want to give me info about the admissions policy i detail? like for last year, what gcses and ukcat was needed... i know this for most med schools but not too clued up about kings.. (i have A*A*A a-levels, 6A*5As gcse and 707.5 ukcat)

ta v much lovely people
blonde-beth
hello everyone! im a re-applicant, just had a look at kings because it dosnt need the bmat :wink:

anyone want to give me info about the admissions policy i detail? like for last year, what gcses and ukcat was needed... i know this for most med schools but not too clued up about kings.. (i have A*A*A a-levels, 6A*5As gcse and 707.5 ukcat)

ta v much lovely people

well from what i've read they use your GCSE's and UKCAT score to decide interview (mainly) - you got 5 A* but a UKCAT average of 707 which is just right :smile:
since you've got all A*s at A level (congratz btw :smile: ) they might have allow for weaker UKCAT...but you've got a very much decent enough average so you should be good to go.

Good luck!

by the looks of things you should be good to go!
Andrii
By that do you mean you need 8A*s AND >700 UKCAT?

I'm asking because although I do have 10A*s (&1A) at GCSE, my UKCATscore is not quite as impressive as that :rolleyes: (642.5 average, lowest score was 600).

Same UKCAT and GCSE's as me :rolleyes:

I like my 642.5 despite what others say :cool:

haha potential kings buddy :biggrin:
Reply 78
I have 9A*s and an A at GCSE, and a UKCAT average of 680, which I'm pretty upset about.

I know they interviewed almost everyone with 9A*s and above last year, but could it change.. could they make it 10A*s above?

I don't want to risk not even getting an interview :frown:
geekdiddy
I have 9A*s and an A at GCSE, and a UKCAT average of 680, which I'm pretty upset about.

I know they interviewed almost everyone with 9A*s and above last year, but could it change.. could they make it 10A*s above?

I don't want to risk not even getting an interview :frown:

oh deary deary me

you're upset? why?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending