The Student Room Group

King's EMDP 2010/2011

Scroll to see replies

worker13
I found some example questions and they're not that hard. Do you get your results after you finish or is it hidden? jeez, admissions is a lot harder for the EMDP course. I'm assuming you got offers/rejection after a very long wait?

You never find out the results, if you did well you get offered an interview, otherwise you are rejected.

After the interview I had to wait just over a month, till i recived my offer.
Reply 21
vas876
The offer was BBC btw.

Your offer when you showed them AAA was BBC? o_O

Scryus.
Scryus
Your offer when you showed them AAA was BBC? o_O

Scryus.

I had already achieved the A In physics, so all they were asking for was BC in Bio and Chem.

Even though I already had ABB, so my offer was effectively unconditional.
Reply 23
Thanks for the replies.

Scryus.
Reply 24
How is everyone's application going. Anyone finished their PS's. I think PS's are important for A101.
Reply 25
hey guys do you think they'd accept anyone from hertfordshire?
Reply 26
India27

Probably not. :frown:
Reply 27
India27

Only for certain "deprived" Burroughs in London . Soz.
Reply 28
Scryus
Hi there, thanks for the posts.

@worker13:
1) King's value the UKCAT quite highly in comparison to other universities from what I have found, it's thought of that 10 A*s at GCSE can reverse this, although you clearly don't have this. However, the grades are I assume quite important as well so you should still have a fighting chance.

2) You do not need to be on EMA to apply. You need to be going to a school that is on their "list". Give them a ring, they can tell you if it is or not.

3) I'm not sure about any old applicants, that's what I'm trying to find out.

@Master.K:
What are your GCSE/AS/Prediction grades? Good luck with the UKCAT. When you have the instructions for each section, you have a minute to BREATHE.

Scryus.

:O your school has to be on their list. i hope they gotta pretty long list :\
Reply 29
Master.K
Probably not. :frown:

why not?
i live in 'hertfordshire' but not like the rich parts, but barnet, get EMA and go to a ****** college
Reply 30
Craydot
why not?
i live in 'hertfordshire' but not like the rich parts, but barnet, get EMA and go to a ****** college

It's only for students living in certain burroughs in London, as I said before and it's got nothing to do with EMA. I know it's a bit weird, but it's for local students only. sorry mate. I know Southampton do a six year course you could definitely apply to and so does East Anglia.
Good luck
Reply 31
worker13
It's only for students living in certain burroughs in London, as I said before and it's got nothing to do with EMA. I know it's a bit weird, but it's for local students only. sorry mate. I know Southampton do a six year course you could definitely apply to and so does East Anglia.
Good luck

ahhh thanks...do you know what the boroughs are? Any in north london?
Reply 32
Craydot
ahhh thanks...do you know what the boroughs are? Any in north london?

I'm not too sure if they except any of the Burroughs in North London, but I would definitely call them up to check. The burroughs I know of are Lewisham, Southwark, Lambeth which are all in the south East (gotta represent) but I think there are plenty more. When you speak to admissions tell them where you study and the name of the school as only some selected schools can apply. Everyone applying should call them up to make sure they fit the criteria to be honest (I've already done this and I'm good).

As for Southampton you can definitely apply. There's a list of criteria for Southampton and being on EMA is on the list so I think you could definitely apply there.
Reply 33
worker13
I'm not too sure if they except any of the Burroughs in North London, but I would definitely call them up to check. The burroughs I know of are Lewisham, Southwark, Lambeth which are all in the south East (gotta represent) but I think there are plenty more. Where do you study, it's very important? Everyone applying should call them up to make sure they fit the criteria.

As for Southampton you can definitely apply. There's a list of criteria for Southampton and being on EMA is on the list so I think you could definitely apply there.

you're the most helpful person ever lol, seriously....im gonna call kings on tuesday...gonna check out Southampton. The borough i study in is Harrow btw
Reply 34
Craydot
you're the most helpful person ever lol, seriously....im gonna call kings on tuesday...gonna check out Southampton. The borough i study in is Harrow btw

No worries. I'm just a guy who knows a guy.............and I constantly call admissions.

I've made an edit to my above statement so check that out.
Good luck, hope you can apply.
worker13
I'm not too sure if they except any of the Burroughs in North London, but I would definitely call them up to check. The burroughs I know of are Lewisham, Southwark, Lambeth which are all in the south East (gotta represent) but I think there are plenty more. When you speak to admissions tell them where you study and the name of the school as only some selected schools can apply. Everyone applying should call them up to make sure they fit the criteria to be honest (I've already done this and I'm good).

Only Low Preforming Non-selective state schools are eligable, and it was expanded last year to all london boroughs.

but the school needs to be ****.
Reply 36
vas876
Only Low Preforming Non-selective state schools are eligable, and it was expanded last year to all london boroughs.

but the school needs to be ****.

I heard slightly different. I go to a very good school, first of all the non-selctive schools so I've heard, and when I asked admissions if I was eligible to apply (after being told I wasn't) she said I was but if I received an offer the offer would be ABB. So I think it's just selected non-selective schools that are applicable, the better the school the higher the offer should you get one. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
worker13
I heard slightly different. I go to a very good school, first of all the non-selctive schools so I've heard, and when I asked admissions if I was eligible to apply (after being told I wasn't) she said I was but if I received an offer the offer would be AAB. So I think it's just selected non-selective schools that are applicable, the better the school the higher the offer should you get one. :smile:

Last year they would just tell you to apply to the 5 year.

Wts school is it, it cant be that good? PM if u dont wanna post.
Reply 38
vas876
Last year they would just tell you to apply to the 5 year.

Wts school is it, it cant be that good? PM if u dont wanna post.

Done.

When did you get your interview for the course because the website says 8 and 9 of March but that seems very late . Also, do you know if interview is the soul decider of offers or rejections, I'm very confused about admissions for King's. lol.
Thanks for all this help. I'm glad we have someone with inside knowledge. lol.
Reply 39
Hey I'm thinking of applying to this course but i need to ring them up and double check that my schools are on the list xD

Heres my stats:

GCSE- 5A's 5B's 1D + ICT Dida o.O
- A2 Grades AAA (i'm on a gap year)
- UKCAT score 682.5 (600, 680, 720, 730) I hope this score is high enough for kings as i've heard they're pretty heavy on the UKCAT

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending