Higher tier, edexcel:

80% + = A*
60% + = A
40% + = B
20% + = C

I am sure those are wrong.
what would a d, e, or f be?
hertzgal16
i just did my mocks and i got my results back...the overalll mark depends on both calculator papers and your coursework...i got 33% and 45% on my papers and came out with a Mid B!!!

what....! i got 62% and we were told it was a bloody B...65% an A and this Edexcel i think! DAMN SCHOOL
mik1a
I am sure those are wrong.
what would a d, e, or f be?

yuo cant get lower than a C on the Higher Tier, if you do you just get a U.
Reply 23
Me2
A) i'm a girl :rolleyes:
and B) as previously stated i got 74%

50% in my mock maths in a mock *is* good, especailly at higher level.

:rolleyes: Don't remeber what I got, had a B overall at GCSE

At AS-level I got 10% in Pure 1 & 22% in Stats 1.... not bad huh! :tongue:
Reply 24
ThornsnRoses
yuo cant get lower than a C on the Higher Tier, if you do you just get a U.

Good point.
Reply 25
txt_eva
50% in my mock maths in a mock *is* good, especailly at higher level.

:rolleyes: Don't remeber what I got, had a B overall at GCSE

most people will think its good, but to me a B or below is a fail! what can i say? i'm a perfectionist!
txt_eva

lol - someone with a sence of humor who didnt turn into a manic depressive at the first sight of a low exam mark. i applaud you for not being grade-obsessed, unfortuanatly i am. :frown: i cant help it!!

Donna
-x-
Reply 27
DonnaB041986
lol - someone with a sence of humor who didnt turn into a manic depressive at the first sight of a low exam mark. i applaud you for not being grade-obsessed, unfortuanatly i am. :frown: i cant help it!!

Donna
-x-

I laugh now... since I've done retakes & tutoring... then I just cried...
Reply 28
I think I ought to really say that anyone wanting to do A-Level who is currently on target for a B/C grade GCSE better think again (and I don't mean this in an arrogant way at all).

GCSE Maths higher tier is not particularly challenging compared to A-Level, the step is is huge, and only really worth doing if you have a science-based degree in mind. You will have to work very hard at A-Level if you're struggling with GCSE higher tier, and the very simplest stuff at A-Level is the more difficult material at GCSE. At my school, for instance (excluding f. mathmaticians, of which I am one) in AS-Maths, noone achieved better than a C, people who had achieved A/A* at GCSE dropped to U-D grades, including some people who got A/B grades in their other subjects.

Above all, don't be downheartened by mock results, there's plenty of time to improve and hopefully it'll give you incentive to work a bit harder.
Reply 29
some people have it and some don't
some people can apply maths and see past a question and some can't
Reply 30
theone
I think I ought to really say that anyone wanting to do A-Level who is currently on target for a B/C grade GCSE better think again (and I don't mean this in an arrogant way at all).

Which what I said.... a good B student workign had could do it.
Reply 31
Just to update you, got 84% in the calc paper so 71% overall, which is an A. Thanks for everones help :tongue:
Reply 32
I got 98% in my mock (half of last year's paper 1 and half of last year's paper 2)

Latest