The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Stupid idea.

At least give it a few weeks. I know i'd feel awkward if someone brought half of the circle of friends from home to Freshers. I'd probably think they where a little ignorant and only interested in themselves and their home friends as well.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
It should be completely fine, no worries. My flatmate in first year had his friends crash in our living room during freshers, it was more the merrier!
Reply 3
I visited a friend at uni 2 weeks after she started, I think the first week will be so full of stuff to do and unpacking and getting to know others, that the friend(s) would feel dragged along. Let them stay rather after freshers week, get to know your roommates first to see if it should be ok to sleep in the lounge :smile:
Give it a while before inviting people. In halls, uni's supposed to care but noone actually checks. Your flat mates won't mind unless they sleep in the lounge. And you might not have a proper lounge anyway. Which halls you in?
Yeah the rooms are tiny there, but it really depends on how much your flat mates object to them being in the lounge. There is just enough room to fit someone on the floor in Oak house rooms I think. Just.

I'm jealous, I wish I'd lived in Oak House. Have fun!

Latest

Trending

Trending