The Student Room Group

Sheffield Accommodation

Hii- so I’m planning to do Journalism at Sheffield in September - just have a few questions about the accommodation:
I’ve decided I want to stay at Endcliffe but I’m trying to find buildings that aren’t noisy all the time but still nice and sociable- I’ve heard people say Curbar and Millstone would be the best for it but because they’re at the end of Endcliffe, there’s not a lot going on- is that true?
Also how is Yarncliffe- I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews but I’m also contemplating staying there as well.

I’m also wondering how Endcliffe are on bringing friends/ family from the outside to stay in your room- what is the policy on it?

Love if someone would get back to me because I’ve been frantically scrolling here and on TikTok for answers but can’t seem to find any😅
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by miss12344665xxx
Hii- so I’m planning to do Journalism at Sheffield in September - just have a few questions about the accommodation:
I’ve decided I want to stay at Endcliffe but I’m trying to find buildings that aren’t noisy all the time but still nice and sociable- I’ve heard people say Curbar and Millstone would be the best for it but because they’re at the end of Endcliffe, there’s not a lot going on- is that true?
Also how is Yarncliffe- I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews but I’m also contemplating staying there as well.

I’m also wondering how Endcliffe are on bringing friends/ family from the outside to stay in your room- what is the policy on it?

Love if someone would get back to me because I’ve been frantically scrolling here and on TikTok for answers but can’t seem to find any😅

Hey there @miss12344665xxx !
I've never stayed at Endcliffe myself but have friends who have and have visited there many a time. As a general rule of thumb, they say that Endcliffe is the more social accommodation overall with every block being social. They say that Ranmoor is on the more quiet side and is less sociable. My friends that stayed at Yarncliffe were all very social and went out all the time. If that's your sort of thing then you will love it, to be honest no year is exactly the same and it just depends who's living in it. Having said this, I only ever visited Yarncliffe for flat parties and social occasions. My friend never had any policy on visitors and people staying over, however she only had a single bed and the room wasn't big enough for a blow up bed to be on the floor.

Hope this helped!
Lucy - Digital Student Ambassador SHU
Reply 2
Original post by miss12344665xxx

I know that for 2 nights a week, you're allowed to have someone stay in your room with you! I've applied for Froggatt and I'd just recommend looking at the accommodation locations in reference to the Edge or any other busy student buildings if that's not really your thing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending