The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 1
hussain101
ive completed my eregistration fine and can login in to my student mail but i cant login into the student portal. firstly, is that a big problem? secondly, does anyone have anyone ideas on how i can fix this?

TBH it took a couple of days after I completed e-reg before I could log into the student portal... give it a couple of days!
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 2
how do you access your email?
Gingens

Go to the University home page www.abdn.ac.uk and click on the button that says 'Students' at the top. Then on the right hand side under Essential Links click Studentmail. There will be a login to Studentmail link there.

Or you can just go direct to www.outlook.com

The Windows Live ID will be your email address you picked at e-registration ending in @aberdeen.ac.uk with your university password.
Reply 4
Gingens

Easier way is just to login using hotmail and just put in your uni e-mail :wink:
Reply 5
judicious
Easier way is just to login using hotmail and just put in your uni e-mail :wink:

Oooh yeah
Common sense really :facepalm:

And thanks FlawOfAverages :smile:
Reply 6
hussain101
ive completed my eregistration fine and can login in to my student mail but i cant login into the student portal.

I have the same problem. But I only registered online a few days ago so that might have something to do with it. I sent an email to the helpdesk to see if they know whats going on.

If they get back to me I'll let you know. :smile:
Reply 7
Laweez
I have the same problem. But I only registered online a few days ago so that might have something to do with it. I sent an email to the helpdesk to see if they know whats going on.

If they get back to me I'll let you know. :smile:

thanks appreciate it.
Reply 8
Same here. I registered one week ago, student mail works perfectly fine but I can't log into the student portal.:dontknow:
Reply 9
faldarell
Same here. I registered one week ago, student mail works perfectly fine but I can't log into the student portal.:dontknow:

on mine it says invalid student idea or something but it is exactly the same as the certificate of acceptance.
Reply 10
Invalid student ID, exactly. Try to have a look at the past exams. You will need the same log in details and since it worked for me, I will just wait until I meet my advisor. I don't think I will need the portal before I meet him anyway.
Remember the capital letter in your password!! I kept forgetting mine!
Reply 12
Laura_f_1990
Remember the capital letter in your password!! I kept forgetting mine!

I did this about a million times
Try phoning up helpdesk and ask them to help
Reply 14
So helpdesk replied. You can reset your password here: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/local/passwd/
but since your studentmail is working then your password probably is too.

When I tried to change my password on that link it told me my username doesn't exist which I don't understand because I copied and pasted it directly from my online registration... aaaah it's so annoying.
Reply 15
Same thing happened to me I emailed the helpdesk twice and a day or so later I could log into the portal. I didn't change any of my details and they didn't reply to my emails so I'm guessing there was just some problem with their systems.
As to whether it's a big problem or not its not it just means if you don't get it sorted before you go you'll need to get it sorted during freshers so you access the library catalouge, see your timetable etc..
Reply 16
I'm having the same problem, I can log in to the emails, but not the portal! The information is all correct too! Since some of you seem to have had this problem before, do you know how long it takes to get resolved after getting in contact with the 'service desk'. I'm a little worried that I won't have my timetable in time for Monday morning! If it isn't up and running by then, do you know if the lecture times on the course guides are fairly accurate? Thanks!
ShieldsG
I'm a little worried that I won't have my timetable in time for Monday morning! If it isn't up and running by then, do you know if the lecture times on the course guides are fairly accurate? Thanks!

You can also check your course times using the Teaching Timetable at http://cmis.admin.abdn.ac.uk/index.htm Click on Timetables > Course on the left hand side and pop in the course codes to see when they are until the portal is fixed.

I think it requires Java to work which you can get from www.java.com if you don't already have this.
Reply 18
ShieldsG
I'm having the same problem, I can log in to the emails, but not the portal! The information is all correct too! Since some of you seem to have had this problem before, do you know how long it takes to get resolved after getting in contact with the 'service desk'. I'm a little worried that I won't have my timetable in time for Monday morning! If it isn't up and running by then, do you know if the lecture times on the course guides are fairly accurate? Thanks!

Go to the Edward Wright building block A, the help desk is based there. Their opening hours (9-17? :confused: )a on the university website, can't remember where exactly tbh. You have to enter you details again and everything is fine. Takes about 5 minutes and you can log into the student portal the next day.

Good luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending