The Student Room Group

UBC application

Hello all,

I've been checking the CWL portal to check my application status and I can see I have a student number and a UBC id. Is this the unis way of tracking applications or is it them processing me as a new student? Any insight would be much appreciated!
Original post by Molly037
Hello all,

I've been checking the CWL portal to check my application status and I can see I have a student number and a UBC id. Is this the unis way of tracking applications or is it them processing me as a new student? Any insight would be much appreciated!

What is UBC?
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
What is UBC?
University of British Columbia
University of British Columbia

Okay - I've moved your thread to the North America forum to see if anyone can help you.
Hello all,
Hi! I'm not a UBC student but I've applied to UBC before (postgraduate), so I think I may provide some insights here. I think it's just the uni's way of tracking applications or identifying students. For the student number, I assume the one you referred to is an 8-digit number. This could be regarded as the unique school identity that the uni assigns to you, so that if any contact is going on between you and the uni (say you send an inquiry about admission), this student number needs to be quoted for the school to know who you are exactly. For UBC id, I assume it consists of your name (maybe your family name) and a bunch of random numbers (my UBC id consists of my family name followed by 2 numbers). This is simply your uni id on any school-wide platform like CWL portal, where you use it as your account id to login.

I'm pretty that for any Canadian school, you will be assigned with a student number (no matter if you end up going to that school) as long as you apply there. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending