The Student Room Group

Apply clearing UCAS

How can I make my choices of firm and insurance choices? Do I have to wait till my last decision has been made beforehand? I feel I am going to miss out on my accommodation portal login in for my first year.
You have to wait for all offers to be received before making your decisions. Do you know which ones you want to firm/insure? Or are you waiting on one of your top choices? As you could always withdraw from the one you are waiting from if it isn't going to impact on your decisions. I'm sure they have to give equal opportunity to all students regardless on when you apply for accommodation but I'm sure someone else may be able to clarity that, I'm not looking for accommodation so not 100%.
Original post by JessA1988
You have to wait for all offers to be received before making your decisions. Do you know which ones you want to firm/insure? Or are you waiting on one of your top choices? As you could always withdraw from the one you are waiting from if it isn't going to impact on your decisions. I'm sure they have to give equal opportunity to all students regardless on when you apply for accommodation but I'm sure someone else may be able to clarity that, I'm not looking for accommodation so not 100%.

I know the ones I want to firm/ insure. It is just because Bristol is doing a accommodation portal by the end of March and I want to apply for it otherwise I may not be too late for my accommodation. I am still waiting for my last decision which I don’t want to withdraw yet.
Original post by fionaearnshaw
I know the ones I want to firm/ insure. It is just because Bristol is doing a accommodation portal by the end of March and I want to apply for it otherwise I may not be too late for my accommodation. I am still waiting for my last decision which I don’t want to withdraw yet.

You only need to apply for accommodation at Bristol by 30 June and it doesn't say that it is allocated on a first-come, first-served basis so there is no need to make your firm and insurance decisions yet. :smile:

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/accommodation/apply/guarantee/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending