The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2360
Original post by Andre09
i applied 3 months ago.. still waiting.. haha

If you don't mind me asking, what where your predicted grades?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by becca-x
Has anyone who applied for MPhys had an offer through without having the interview yet? I got the letter inviting me to an interview day in February weeks ago, but my UCAS has already updated with a conditional :dontknow:
Do you think they didn't mean to give me the offer yet? :p:

The physics department is not doing formal interviews this year, they're giving out offers with the condition that the applicant visits the department on an open day :smile:

So you have the offer but it only stands if you go the day where it will be a tour around the place and no interview :smile: Congratulations :yy:
Reply 2362
Original post by Panda Vinnie
The physics department is not doing formal interviews this year, they're giving out offers with the condition that the applicant visits the department on an open day :smile:

So you have the offer but it only stands if you go the day where it will be a tour around the place and no interview :smile: Congratulations :yy:

Ooh okay, thanks for the info :smile: That's reassuring, I'm sure the letter mentioned an informal interview though. And thanks, I'm thinking of putting it as my insurance :smile:
Original post by Dewsy
It depends on the subject, I applied for law and got an offer without an interview.

hi, could you tell me your GCSEs and a level results plz and any work exp u have?

cheers.

quote me:smile:
Depends on the department, but this is true for some UCL departments. In fact some departments actually tell you you've already got the offer before starting the interview.

Ooh this has made me hopeful :biggrin: Any ideas of how to decipher which ones? For example, in the letter, if they mention "informal" interview, does not mean anything? :colondollar:
Reply 2365
Just got rejected for V100 History. Bit sad that the London dream will have to wait until post-grad or until I get a job but I have a place at another great university so it's all good. Good luck to everyone else on the thread!
Reply 2366
did u get rejected from an interview or just from the beginning?
Reply 2367
Original post by ForFreedom
Ooh this has made me hopeful :biggrin: Any ideas of how to decipher which ones? For example, in the letter, if they mention "informal" interview, does not mean anything? :colondollar:

I hope so, I hate interviews. I hope its just an open day :smile:
Reply 2368
Interview for NatSci on 10th Feb. Anyone have any advice? I've been completely focused on Cambridge up until now so I have no idea what to expect.
Reply 2369
Good luck guys for those waiting for ucl decisions on cond offers!!! All the best!!! :dd
Woop maths offer! it's nice to be noticed.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2371
Still no word on my application to do physics at UCL :frown: Heard back from my 3 other choices but UCL is my first choice. Anybody applying for the BSc Physics not heard back yet?
Reply 2372
Original post by calleenal
Hello and thanks!

I'm sure you'll hear soon, things should speed up now its after the deadline, I'm guessing they have an onslaught of applications to sort through. When did you send yours? Have you got an acknowledgement yet? Best of luck!

They really don't, I guess I'm just gonna have to hope for the best and wing it.

:smile:

well, actually I originally applied for Fine Art but changed my mind in december! Decided I wanted something abit more intellectual...but still arty.
I haven't actually had an acknowledgement - just an email from the HOA admissions guy when he managed to track down my UCAS form from the fine art department, and agreed to transfer me! I was so relieved. Hoping hoping for an interview! :smile:
Reply 2373
Original post by dj9
lol yee i think it is pretty obvious. i got confused because i took computing, so having not done any research, i assumed if you doing computing A-level that must be enough to do a computing degree since people can do the degree without having done computing A-level.
anyways i made it here :P
have you firmed it yet or thought about accommodation?

havent firmed it yet althoiugh i want to! i have only heard from 4 outta 5 of my universities and the option aint valid till i hear from all of then? how about you? where else did you apply?
Original post by w.hester
Still no word on my application to do physics at UCL :frown: Heard back from my 3 other choices but UCL is my first choice. Anybody applying for the BSc Physics not heard back yet?

Physics department has been quite slow this year, they're experiencing some delays. They've only just managed to process the decisions of those who applied in October.

When did you apply?
Reply 2375
Physics department has been quite slow this year, they're experiencing some delays. They've only just managed to process the decisions of those who applied in October.

When did you apply?

I applied in November, thinking I could use the same references as last year and a month later I find out I can't so it got sent off 2nd December I think. I know it's irrelevant lol, but I just like to justify my late application :smile:
Original post by w.hester
I applied in November, thinking I could use the same references as last year and a month later I find out I can't so it got sent off 2nd December I think. I know it's irrelevant lol, but I just like to justify my late application :smile:

Oh okay well most of December doesn't count for much time, the severe weather conditions slowed things down significantly...and then they were off for holidays too.

Judging from the average time the department takes, I'd say you should expect an invitation to the compulsory open day (physics department isn't doing formal interviews this year) around about mid-late Feb.

If you do get the invite to the open day, you've got the offer. But the offer will only stand on the condition that you attend. You may well end up getting the offer on UCAS before the day of the open day :smile:

Good luck!
Original post by ElsRigg
well, actually I originally applied for Fine Art but changed my mind in december! Decided I wanted something abit more intellectual...but still arty.
I haven't actually had an acknowledgement - just an email from the HOA admissions guy when he managed to track down my UCAS form from the fine art department, and agreed to transfer me! I was so relieved. Hoping hoping for an interview! :smile:

Ooh cool, was that at the Slade?

Hehe, I think I applied for hoa for sort of the same reasons. I wanted something a bit arty because I did Art at AS and I really love painting and drawing and making stuff but I want to do a degree that would actually allow me to get a job. Plus I like art history. :smile:

Where else have you applied? (sorry if I've already asked you this... have you posted on the hoa thread?)

I know the wait is agonizing, but don't worry I'm sure that invite will come through!
Username: The Randy Panda
Course: Natural Sciences (Physical)
Planned Entry: Fall 2011

I haven't had anything back from them apart from acknowledgement, does this mean rejection, or is the department a bit slow this year? fyi, I applied in late november/early december
Reply 2379
I also applied for BSc Physics in mid-late November but I still haven't heard back from UCL :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending