The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kyta
Anyone else here doing an Engineering course of any kind at Nottingham 2011? I'm hoping to go there to do Chem Eng, got the AAB offers, now all I need is the grades =D!

Biomedical Materials Science, got an offer of BBC :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Anyone else going to the Applicants Day on the 2nd of March? :smile:
Reply 1322
Original post by alexs2602
I think I remember you. Cute. ;p

Almost definitely, yeah. I want to visit Southampton but all their open days are fully booked :| I called them today so hopefully someone will cancel their spot. Southampton will prob be my insurance though.

fellow Mathematician :wavey:
Original post by Hugbert
fellow Mathematician :wavey:

Hey there. Been to an open day yet?
Reply 1324
Hey there. Been to an open day yet?

not yet, feel like i should wait till LSE rejects me. :redface: will probably end up going to the open day on the 23rd of March.
you?have you been?
Original post by Hugbert
not yet, feel like i should wait till LSE rejects me. :redface: will probably end up going to the open day on the 23rd of March.
you?have you been?

Yep, I loved it. I've visited the university before to see a friend but this time I got a proper look around the university and bit of a lecture etc. I was there on the 16th.

Where else are you applying to?
Reply 1326
Yep, I loved it. I've visited the university before to see a friend but this time I got a proper look around the university and bit of a lecture etc. I was there on the 16th.

Where else are you applying to?

oh right, yeah i need to go have a better look. Have you looked at the accommodation? catered is definitely prettier but i think Im gonna go for self-catered.
Did you talk to any of the lecturers?professors?

I applied to cambridge(rejected post interview), durham(rejected), LSE(still waiting), nottingham and Leicester(offers). you?
Reply 1327
Original post by 0201Bean
Anyone else going to the Applicants Day on the 2nd of March? :smile:

Yes :O! I am! That's next Wednesday, I think?
Going to do Cheml Eng at Nottingham attending the open day next week ?
Offer :biggrin: .. so ecstatic. ABB Civil Engineering ..woop!!!
Original post by CreativeBetch
Offer :biggrin: .. so ecstatic. ABB Civil Engineering ..woop!!!

hey aren't you on the Birmingham applicants thread too?
I'm trying to decide between these two for my first choice:confused:
Wuhoo got an unconditional offer yesterday for English with Creative Writing!!! :woo: I'm so thrilled because this is my only unconditional offer so Notts will definitely be either my firm or insurance :biggrin:
Original post by bubble11
Wuhoo got an unconditional offer yesterday for English with Creative Writing!!! :woo: I'm so thrilled because this is my only unconditional offer so Notts will definitely be either my firm or insurance :biggrin:

Congrats! :biggrin: I'm pleased for you. :smile:

Have you already got A levels then? If not, you must be seriously awesome! :tongue:
was anyone else at the open day today?
Original post by ThePurpleRose
Congrats! :biggrin: I'm pleased for you. :smile:

Have you already got A levels then? If not, you must be seriously awesome! :tongue:

Lol yeah I already have A Levels! My other offers are conditional because I don't have an A Level in English Lit, which I'm doing this year. But I do have an A Level in English Language and Nottingham accept that so they gave me an unconditional offer :smile:
Original post by Kyta
Yes :O! I am! That's next Wednesday, I think?

Yess! :biggrin:
I'm so excited :P

What have you applied for?

EDIT: just noticed your signature xD
Original post by bubble11
Lol yeah I already have A Levels! My other offers are conditional because I don't have an A Level in English Lit, which I'm doing this year. But I do have an A Level in English Language and Nottingham accept that so they gave me an unconditional offer :smile:

Both English Language and English Literature... You ought to be great at English by the time you get to uni! :tongue:

You're so lucky to have that unconditional place too, this year. I'm envious. :biggrin:

Congrats again! And I hope the A level goes well for you - though I'm sure it will! :smile:
Original post by ThePurpleRose
Both English Language and English Literature... You ought to be great at English by the time you get to uni! :tongue:

You're so lucky to have that unconditional place too, this year. I'm envious. :biggrin:

Congrats again! And I hope the A level goes well for you - though I'm sure it will! :smile:

Thanks :biggrin: I know, I feel very lucky because I was so worried about not getting any offers at all this year! Good luck with your application too if you're still waiting for any replies :smile:
Original post by Hugbert
oh right, yeah i need to go have a better look. Have you looked at the accommodation? catered is definitely prettier but i think Im gonna go for self-catered.
Did you talk to any of the lecturers?professors?

I applied to cambridge(rejected post interview), durham(rejected), LSE(still waiting), nottingham and Leicester(offers). you?

Yeah, I did. I think, for me anyway, that catered was a better option as its only one year and it offers a much more of a communal atmosphere along with allowing you to settle in easier without having to worry about food and the such. I didn't really like the self catered accommodation, that said I think it was better than that offered by other universities. It was better than that at Southampton.

Joel Feinstein in particular seemed quite friendly and helpful. You'll meet him, I'd have thought. Going off on bit of a tangent the lecture hall we were in was very nice and modern and in september we'll have a new maths building there too so that'll be excellent. One thing I'll say about Nottingham is they know how to throw an open day.

Unlucky about Cambridge and Durham. I applied to Nottingham, Manchester, Southampton, East Anglia(Offers), Leeds(Rejection). I just firmed Nottingham and insuranced Soton about 20 minutes ago, hope to see you there (good luck with LSE nonetheless). With hindsight I could have probably applied higher considering I have offers from all but one of my choices but I'll be happy at Nottingham.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1339
Still had no communication from Nottingham :s-smilie::s-smilie: (but had offers from 4 other uni's).....am i the only one still waiting?! Im down to read Geography with Business

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending