The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Fusion
Germany has so much going for it - great transport, clean and pleasant, lots of history, culture not too dissimilar to uk, located in the heart of europe (not an outlier like australia), and didn't seem too pricey (can't vouch for healthcare..etc).

I found the south quite pricey at times tbh but it hasn't put me off.
Scotland, England, France, Germany, Im already living here in US which is awesome, Italy, Spain, Austria, Romania, RUssia. I don't like some of the south america countries because some of them are racist and only look up to white people. :cry:
(edited 13 years ago)
Hawaii is a country? :wtf:

Poor Obama.....
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 23
hannah_dru
I found the south quite pricey at times tbh but it hasn't put me off.

Not sure how to put it into words but I found Munich to be a really upper-class sort of place.

I recall adverts on the tube for apartments in Berlin priced at £30,000 (just realised I don't have a euro sign on my keyboard :frown: )
Reply 24
Dunno really, a lot of people usually confuse liking being somewhere on holiday and liking living there, and the two are pretty different.
I quite like England, I have only lived here about 8 years but I see no reason to live somewhere else. Wouldn't mind living in Germany or something though, I have some family out there and it seems a nice setup.
Fusion
Not sure how to put it into words but I found Munich to be a really upper-class sort of place.

I recall adverts on the tube for apartments in Berlin priced at £30,000 (just realised I don't have a euro sign on my keyboard :frown: )

I don't know whether I'd say upper class but I think I know what you mean. It's got a different air to it.

I've started looking for a flat, that's pretty good compared to what I've seen. The prices for flats/houses and clothes seem kind of upper class I guess.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 26
America, Germany or the Netherlands.
Reply 27
England (without the Taxes!)
Reply 28
Any Day Now
Scotland. :o:

Hawaii isn't a country, OP.

Nor is Scotland in the strict sense of the term. It's a subdivision of the UK, in the same sense that Hawai'i is a subdivision of the USA.

As for myself, I'd like the UK/Ireland, Germany/Austria/Switzerland, Norway or Australia.
Reply 29
Germany or France.

I'm doing an in-demand degree with mucho overseas opportunities. I'm not going to work 12 hour days just to have 35%+ of my salary taken away in tax, so **** the UK tbh. I've always liked France and Germany, and the French lifestyle is quite appealing and it's also much cheaper to live in.

I would say Australia, but it's too authoritarian and old fashioned. The US is just plain too hard to get into and their employment laws suck.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 30
hannah_dru
I don't know whether I'd say upper class but I think I know what you mean. It's got a different air to it.

I've started looking for a flat, that's pretty good compared to what I've seen. The prices for flats/houses and clothes seem kind of upper class I guess.

Apparently home ownership in germany is not that common - renting is the norm.
USA/Canada/Australia/New Zealand. I do quite like the UK though :o:
Iceland.

Failing that, Canada, Ireland and Finland would be fun.

I'm fine in Britain for now, but I'm planning on hugely boosting my linguistic repertoire over the next few years so I can realistically live and work in any of the major EU countries :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 33
Aphotic Cosmos
Iceland.

Failing that, Canada, Ireland and Finland would be fun.

Move to iceland if you want to slave away repaying their enormous liabilities
Fusion
Move to iceland if you want to slave away repaying their enormous liabilities

The nice thing about Iceland is that they don't seem to care too much, certainly not to the extent that we do in the UK. If Britain's national debt was like that of Iceland, there would probably be a revolution of some kind.

(The Icelanders who have jobs, that is)

If the economy picks up again, I'd love to live there for a few years.
(edited 13 years ago)
I quite like the UK. Bits of it.
I would love to live in Italy, though. Maybe I will.
Reply 36
Australia, Sydney specifically :smile:
Reply 37
Germany, the Netherlands or France. I love France and can speak the lingo, I'd love to learn German or Dutch. I'm thinking of applying to go back to uni in the Netherlands next year and learn Dutch while I'm there, I need to finish my degree and might as well do it abroad where the loans and grants are generous and the fees are low.
Reply 38
north korea.
Reply 39
Germany, Brazil or India.

Or maybe Italy.

Latest

Trending

Trending