Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Junaid16]If you wanted to take 5, your college will probably expect almost straight A*s and A's[/QUO
    Not true mate, I'm taking Further Maths and Triple science and I only got 4 A's 4 B's and 6 C's, however I attended a terrible school with very very poor grades so because my A's were in my core subjects and I beat almost everyone im my year from my school they happily let me take 5.

P.S I attend Solihull Sixth Form and also 5 AS levels are not a big difference to 4 if you're not taking further maths.

ReputationRep:
    Planning on taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Economics. Opinions?

ReputationRep:
    I'm taking Physics, Maths and Psychology.

ReputationRep:
    Would really like to study Law at Uni; I'm aiming for Oxbridge.
    I'm sure about English Lit, History and Maths but am unsure about my fourth subject, I was thinking either Law or Economics. I know some see Law as less academic than other subjects but I really feel it would help me out. Will oxbridge look down on me for this choice? Bearing in mind that I'll still be doing 3 other very traditional subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fragile_Illusions)
    Nahh, by soon I mean I've got college open days to go to next month and then the applications after that.

What did you think of Economics? I don't really know what to expect from the course...
    well, I took Economics at GCSE so at the moment, it's not too hard. I like economics, anyway :3 it's interesting! (common word, but it is really cool, learning about how the economy works).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by itsjordan)
    Hey!

I'm thinking of taking these subjects for a-levels too!
    Are they challenging? I'm definitely taking bio and chem, then either maths or physics or both or history and maths/physics. Our school only lets you take 4 a levels unless you're like a geniusss.

Thanks!
    Bio and Chem are awesome at the moment! Can't really comment much though since we're only a month in :L
    The only reason i'm allowed to do 5 btw is because my maths'll be done by the end of year 12, and I need to be able to drop a subject after that!
    Wow, physics and maths are pretty much the same (aside from theory physics) so it depends on what you want to do really :P

ReputationRep:
    I thinking at the moment;
    Maths,
    Chemistry,
    French,
    then can't decide between Biology or Physics :rolleyes:
    It'll probably change a million times during this year though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marshmallowize)
    I feel like the only person at my school who hasn't changed options since September:
    Maths A2,
    Chemistry AS
    Biology AS
    Physics AS
    History AS (Y)
    You'll struggle with 5 especially since ones a full blown a-level. my advice would be to do 3 as and maths a2, then pick up the 4th as in your second year.
    just my two cents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laura94)
    You'll struggle with 5 especially since ones a full blown a-level. my advice would be to do 3 as and maths a2, then pick up the 4th as in your second year.
    just my two cents.
    Some people are doing that, I decided not to in the end- knowing me I wouldn't ever get around to doing the fourth one!
    It's kinda nice at the moment because there are quite a few of us doing 5 because of the maths so we're all helping each other :woo:
    Congrats on your GCSEs btw!

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.