The Student Room Group

How did you move in?

Poll

What method of transport did you use to move into University?

So I'm going to uni next year as I'm on a gap and since no one in my family drives (I may be by next year but don't plan to take a car to uni anyway) I sort of assumed that I'd move in to uni via train. Its quite a while away (south to midlands)

However someone I know recently advised to take a car instead.

Im just curious though, so how did you move in to uni? if you took train or coach was it difficult?
I moved all my stuff up by car last year and this year. The train is great for getting to and from home when you don't have a lot of stuff, like in the holidays, but really don't take the train when you move up at the beginning and end of the year - too much hassle.

If that's not possible since nobody in your family drives, you could just hire a courier to take your stuff up in boxes, and arrange to meet them in a convenient location?
(edited 13 years ago)
lol we hired two taxies for my sister from london to dorset, it was very pricey..haha
Reply 3
Car.

Taking everything on a train is just going to be way too much hassle, unless you don't take much and then buy stuff there.
When I went on exchange I managed to move my two suitcases and backpack around by plane, bus, subway, train and cab... lol. It was tolerable and it works if you have no choice, but I definitely wouldn't recommend it!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Aphotic Cosmos
I moved all my stuff up by car last year and this year. The train is great for getting to and from home when you don't have a lot of stuff, like in the holidays, but really don't take the train when you move up at the beginning and end of the year - too much hassle.

If that's not possible since nobody in your family drives, you could just hire a courier to take your stuff up in boxes, and arrange to meet them in a convenient location?

This is actually a good idea, just hope they don't cost too much..

Btw did you drive or were you taken by family member/friend?

lilzoldier
lol we hired two taxies for my sister from london to dorset, it was very pricey..haha

What the fu!k Lol, Its like £50 just from east to Heathrow. Must of went into the £1000's?
(edited 13 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending