The Student Room Group

The Marketing Society

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melodic-verse
What comps have you gone for?
Ive just come back from an assessment centre but didnt get it =[

Disney, 2 roles at Warner Bros, Cadbury, Debenhams, HBO and now Mars. What about you where was the assesment centre?
o really similar to me!
I went to the assessment centre at Warner bros but i didnt get the job! =[
Ive just filled in the application for MARS today too but i cant do numericals so...
o really similar to me!
Ive just filled in the application for MARS today too but i cant do numericals so...

can I ask when did you apply for the warner bros application and what roles did you apply for? I applied for brand promotions and just did european film distibution one the other day.
o really similar to me!

we don't have to do the numericals yet though
Reply 24
Hey guys
I'm second year Marketing Management student at Lancaster Uni if anyone's got questions.

Im in the middle of the bastard process of finding a placement

Ego- CRUSHED

Im hoping to start a marketing degree in Sep 2011. Been reading this book in my spare time:

Foundation in marketing http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0077125606/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0077098668&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0PNKM8MZX4YBGA360RGB

I was wondering if theres any good marketing books you used in your first year, that were really useful? As I wanted to get some background reading done in my spare time :smile:

Thanks for any help or advice! :biggrin:
Reply 25
I know this is not directly related to The Marketing Society, but did anyone watch 'The Peoples Supermarket' on Channel 4 tonight.

Was really interesting, basically about a community based supermarket, where the shoppers become members of the supermarket, and even work for the supermarket.
Original post by vn2009
Im hoping to start a marketing degree in Sep 2011. Been reading this book in my spare time:

Foundation in marketing http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0077125606/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_1?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0077098668&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0PNKM8MZX4YBGA360RGB

I was wondering if theres any good marketing books you used in your first year, that were really useful? As I wanted to get some background reading done in my spare time :smile:

Thanks for any help or advice! :biggrin:

That's quite good for basics
its a very thin book though
Are you going to Lancaster or which uni?

If you go to lancaster first year you will need
Marketing Volume 1 + 2 by R Meek, A Ryan, and P Lenney (Paperback - 29 Aug 2009)

This book is by the lecturers so you can buy it from the campus waterstones
if not
I like this one too

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0077122275/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=103612307&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=007710708X&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=04DWAKCNGNSJT9G20T7D

Hope this helps =]
Original post by jessyfantastic90
can I ask when did you apply for the warner bros application and what roles did you apply for? I applied for brand promotions and just did european film distibution one the other day.

I did brand promo, marketing intern, marketing and pr wbie

I got through assessment on marketing and pr for WBIE but it didnt work out....
I think you would know by now if you got an assessment with them or not seeing as their assessments days have already started

I've done the HBO application too
Can I get signed up as a member please?
I did brand promo, marketing intern, marketing and pr wbie

I got through assessment on marketing and pr for WBIE but it didnt work out....
I think you would know by now if you got an assessment with them or not seeing as their assessments days have already started

I've done the HBO application too

They reopended the eurppean film distribution the other day so I have done that I just want a placement. Where else have you applied?
Reply 30
Original post by vn2009
I know this is not directly related to The Marketing Society, but did anyone watch 'The Peoples Supermarket' on Channel 4 tonight.

Was really interesting, basically about a community based supermarket, where the shoppers become members of the supermarket, and even work for the supermarket.

I didn't watch it, sorry.
Instead, I watched a short animation movie which depicts supermarkets of the future having guardians all over, traffic lanes, traffic lights and prices electronically controlled.Plus people who don't leave before the official closing time go to jail.
Not so interesting..or is it?
Reply 31
Original post by blatchcorn
Can I get signed up as a member please?

I like your signature.
I'm sorry for delay, I didn't expect this thread to wake up such an interest and I didn't have time to join:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending