The Student Room Group

Can you apply to completely different courses at uni?

I know i want to do sales & marketing st uni but i also love horse riding and would love to pursue that at a riding school/uni. Is this possible?
You can apply for whichever combination of courses you want to (with certain exceptions that are unlikely to apply in your case regarding Oxbridge and Medicine). However, all of your universities will receive the same application with the same personal statement or whatever replaces it. It may affect your chances spreading yourself thinly
Reply 2
Original post by melancollege
You can apply for whichever combination of courses you want to (with certain exceptions that are unlikely to apply in your case regarding Oxbridge and Medicine). However, all of your universities will receive the same application with the same personal statement or whatever replaces it. It may affect your chances spreading yourself thinly

Thank you so much for replying, its really helped me!
Original post by simplyxskyer
I know i want to do sales & marketing st uni but i also love horse riding and would love to pursue that at a riding school/uni. Is this possible?

Hey there , it's true you can apply to study anything that you want but considering that those two are completely different interests it may be a good idea to find a university that offers horse riding as an extra mural activity or a club/society. This way you can continue to pursue Sales and marketing as a career and still horse ride avidly.

Unfortunately DMU does not have a riding society as far as I am concerned but I'm sure there are other universities that offer it and you can take part with other students who enjoy riding as much as you.
I hope this helps a little bit .
Cece
Energy Engineering Student
De Montfort University
Original post by simplyxskyer

What exactly do you mean by riding school/uni? Do you mean agricultural universities?

Have you researched what degrees are available? There’s not really any/many degrees in sales or in horse riding. There’s degrees in marketing but they’re generally quite theory heavy - they won’t prepare you for a sales job.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending