The Student Room Group
Reply 1
What is this? Any more info? For present students or whatnow?
Reply 2
Varsity Ski Trip

Not really my thing - if I do go skiing it'll be on my college trip.
Reply 3
i went last year, it was brilliant. so much fun, and you meet loads of people from all over, not just cambridge. some of the good friends i made there were oxonites
Reply 4
I'm keen but the rep from my college hasn't emailed me back with all the info. Anyone know how much it'd be for a single bedroom apartment for two people?
Reply 5
damn. i wish. the dates don't work too well for me, and my ski stuff is all the way back in the US.
Reply 6
L.J
I'm keen but the rep from my college hasn't emailed me back with all the info. Anyone know how much it'd be for a single bedroom apartment for two people?

I've just got the flier which says it's £295 but I don't know what accommodation that covers.
Reply 7
apparently the issue is all the 'extras' you have to pay - like for the luxury of flying rather than travelling by hours on a coach etc. so the bargainous looking price really is no frills!

had some friends last year who went to the same resort, same time as the varsity ski trip but organised independently & saved quite a bit of money! :p:

</i'm not a skier, i haven't researched the varsity ski trip & don't particularly care about it, all of the above is anecdotal :wink: >
Reply 8
I would like to go, but 300 pounds...i don't think I can put aside that much money in two months without a job. So is the flight not included in the price? How much do you save if you go independently?
Don't be misled by the fliers - base price may be £295 or whatever but by the time you add everything on it will be ~£400. Still when you consider that takes in your lift pass and ski/board hire, it's pretty good. Definitely worth every penny.
Reply 10
stealthwombat
Don't be misled by the fliers - base price may be £295 or whatever but by the time you add everything on it will be ~£400. Still when you consider that takes in your lift pass and ski/board hire, it's pretty good. Definitely worth every penny.

At fresher's fair they told me ski/board hire is not included...:confused:
It's not included in the basic price, but the option for it is included when you book the trip. You can try out the booking system to get an idea of the price at www.varsitytrip.co.uk. Basically there are several 'levels' of equipment hire which you can choose depending on your experience....
Reply 12
kalen
At fresher's fair they told me ski/board hire is not included...:confused:

It's not included on the flyer I got either - lift pass is but equipment hire isn't, ebcause a lot of people have their own.
Reply 13
The price is pretty good considering it includes accomodation and the ski pass (which in itself is about £100). Skiing is expensive whatever way you look at it, and I cant imagine the saving would be that huge if you did it separately. I think I'm gonna go.
Reply 14
yeah, I guess it's a good bargain... Maybe not so much for me cause when I go back home I can go skiing for 20 pounds with an hour or so drive :p: But going with the uni must be an awesome experience!
Reply 15
Well I'm going... yeah expensive but worth it, I love skiin :smile: Might have to quit my Xmas job back home first but it's like yeah, work or go skiing... hmm tough choice?! Is anyone goin for two weeks?

Latest

Trending

Trending