The Student Room Group

Thoughts on weight loss progress?

Imgur.com/a/2M0mE6x
The first picture was from September 2022 when I was at 210 lbs (around 96 kg) the second on the bottom is yesterday’s and I weigh currently 193 pounds or 88 kg. I’m doing it partly for health benefits and to feel more attractive. Let me know your thoughts?
(edited 8 months ago)
With the angles & camera proximity you’ve used it’s hard to tell body weight differences.

Proof is in the pudding though, the numbers look good -8kg is around 9% of your body weight which is a significant improvement. Congrats!

Hopefully you find a weight & lifestyle that keeps you happy & healthy. Seems like you’re doing well.
I'm on the same train! Trying to lose weight but having a hard time. What did you do?
Reply 3
It’s a hard story that includes resilience. I’m in the States so this may provide context. At the beginning of this year, I went to Colorado for a friends ski trip where the air was sparse at 10,000 feet and put extra effort to move. Because my job didn’t give me more than a day off and I didn’t get a return flight soon enough, I was let go. It was one of the most screwed up miscalculations I’ve made but I hopped back and took careful measures in my life to learn from it. Between the time when I was unemployed and started a new job in April, I went savage on diet and walking 2-3 hours a day. Basically, I started a hard work exercise trend from Colorado and kept going. I now work remote as a DoorDash analyst and make use of my 10 hour/4 day schedule to lose weight on Friday and do extra-curricular tasks.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 4
I posted a story below, let me see if you have thoughts?

Original post by PiltoverQueen
I'm on the same train! Trying to lose weight but having a hard time. What did you do?
That's very impressive. It's great that you turned your misfortune into a success story. Be proud!
Unfortunately for me, I live with my parents and therefore my diet is whatever they bring home. But I do workout. I'll just keep that up.
Reply 6
Original post by PiltoverQueen
That's very impressive. It's great that you turned your misfortune into a success story. Be proud!
Unfortunately for me, I live with my parents and therefore my diet is whatever they bring home. But I do workout. I'll just keep that up.

It can be tough if you’re college-aged and your diet is either the uni dining halls (mostly unhealthy when I went to college) or home meals. What helped me make the difference was walking at least an hour a day. I’ve used up my sunscreen while jogging in my area (Houston, Texas) since the sun is present most of the day and temperatures are close to 100 F.

I’ve learned to be a little less nervous because anytime I ran in the city park and get hot, I’d get under the tree shades and would stop worrying about people watching.
My suggestions would be to find a health club or schedule times to jog or do cardio. An hour marked each day should make a big difference. 300 less calories a day from that hour turns into 1/4 kilo a week or 1 kg per month.
Reply 7
Original post by Blueskies94
Imgur.com/a/2M0mE6x
The first picture was from September 2022 when I was at 210 lbs (around 96 kg) the second on the bottom is yesterday’s and I weigh currently 193 pounds or 88 kg. I’m doing it partly for health benefits and to feel more attractive. Let me know your thoughts?

As long as it is a sustainable and healthy approach. Keep on going. Well done on the progress so far!!
Original post by Blueskies94
Imgur.com/a/2M0mE6x

very hard to tell because you showed only your face in the image & not your full body. I can still see a bit of a difference in the face though
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest