The Student Room Group

Best Business School?

I am currently applying for MSc in Finance, and wanted to ask you, what is considered to be the most respected business school in UK?
Apart from LBS and the likes of Said ofcourse :smile:
Actually right now I am choosing between Lancaster, Warwick, UMIST and Nottingham.
I thought that Warwick was the best, however their course is quite theoretical.
All of my teachers said that today Lancaster is considered to be the best, but I am slightly worried as overall Lancaster is not that respected Uni.
UMIST is also very good.
What would you recommend?
Reply 1
Warwick, no question
Reply 2
KONDR
I am currently applying for MSc in Finance, and wanted to ask you, what is considered to be the most respected business school in UK?
Apart from LBS and the likes of Said ofcourse :smile:
Actually right now I am choosing between Lancaster, Warwick, UMIST and Nottingham.
I thought that Warwick was the best, however their course is quite theoretical.
All of my teachers said that today Lancaster is considered to be the best, but I am slightly worried as overall Lancaster is not that respected Uni.
UMIST is also very good.
What would you recommend?

I'm not even sure Said is that good. Okay so it's in oxford, but oxford as a whole is slipping in standard anyway. Somewhere such as Warwick or evem Nottingham is much more credible in my opinion. Clealy if someone has chosen Said, they've chosen it because of oxford, not the teaching of the actual business school in question. Whereas with a place like warwick which has such a reputable business school you know that the standard of competition to gain entry was extraordinarily hard because the business school itself has a 'name'.
Reply 3
Out of those I'd pick Warwick.

Elsewhere it would be LSE, Insead, wharton sch. of business.
Reply 4
But the course in WBS is very theoretical. In my opinion courses like Macro, Micro etc shouldnt be studied in business school.
But still, apart from Warwick, among Nottingham, Lancaster and UMIST which would you choose?
Or which is more reputable?
Reply 5
i think you're asking this Q in the wrong forum. We are mostly 6th-formers or uni students here, and you would be stupid to take our advice for Mscs.

it's also bizarre that you mentioned Said in the same breath as LBS. Said is a very new business school and as yet, not in the same league as LBS at all.

Here's my 2 pence in any case: if you dont want to pay the ridiculous fees of LBS' exec ed, then LSE's MSc Finance is very well-regarded. as is Warwick. Amongst the other 3 you mentioned, Id personally choose Umist.

i dont think a theoretical course is a bad thing as such. Employers regard the courses at LSE and Warwick highly precisely because they are intellectually rigorous.
Reply 6
Well, I dont know any betterforum to ask this question.
r there simular MSc forums out there?

Latest

Trending

Trending