The Student Room Group

Msc Management or MBA ?

Which is more advantageous ? I have 3 years of work experience and a Bachelors degree from India .
Hello Deepika_15,

It is great that you are thinking carefully about what to study at post-graduate level.

An MSc in management gives you the knowledge to become an expert in a particular field. This could be anything from finance and accounting or international marketing to artificial intelligence or big data management. This will give you strategic management skills and confidence to expertly advise businesses, implement meaningful change and quickly reach targets in your career.

An MBA programme, on the other hand, looks at business and business functions as a whole. It is primarily designed for students who already have some executive or managerial experience, with the aim of enhancing your career and setting you on the path to becoming a leader in your field.

We have put together a detailed blog post looking into the value of an MBA - https://bit.ly/494Gl8E

You can find further information about all our business management programmes by clicking here.

Additionally, you can reach out to one of our study advisors who can provide tailored advice based on your qualifications and experience. You can find their contact details, and more about our entry requirements here - https://bit.ly/49W9pA7

Best of luck making a decision!

Sam
Hi @Deepika_15 ,

Thank you for starting an interesting conversation!

There is a perfect opportunity for you to ask your question to the Dean of Cranfield School of Management, Professor David Oglethorpe, tomorrow at 12:00 - 13:30 GMT online. (Please register in advance, and you can submit a question with your registration).
Webinar: Meet the Dean of Cranfield School of Management

Professor David Oglethorpe will be joined by Dr Leila Alinaghian, Director of the Full-time MBA, who will outline The Transformation MBA.
Professor Catarina Figueira, Director of Education for the School of Management will also be joining the session to discuss the Master's options available at the school.

So this is a perfect session to address your question, with the top experts in the field!

I hope you can make it 🙂
Gemma
2nd Year PhD Student (Environment & Agrifood)
Student Ambassador
(edited 1 month ago)
Original post by Deepika_15
Which is more advantageous ? I have 3 years of work experience and a Bachelors degree from India .

Hello @Deepika_15
It’s great to see you planning ahead, as choosing postgrad is a big decision. While both are amazing courses, you will need to think which curse would be more useful in your career path.

MSc Management course aims to provide students with necessary knowledge and skills in business and management through research, practice and innovative thinking, while combining many areas of business studies, all in order to enhance their employability on higher positions. This course will work well for those who wish to become fully rounded managers.
If you wish to read more of this course at University of Bradford, you can find out about entry requirements, available modules, fees and study abroad here. There is also an option to combine this course with three-month industry placement if that is something that interest you.

On the other hand, MBA is a great option for those with experience in the industry. It provides you with fundamental management knowledge while expanding a professional network, that allows students to build those crucial soft skills and leadership abilities, all while gaining a comprehensive understanding of business across domains like marketing, finance, and accounting.
Here at Bradford, this course content is designed with input from industry advisors and gives you the ability to tailor aspects of your studies to best suit your career path. Furthermore, our triple accredited MBA programmes offer the flexibility to study online from anywhere in the world, with a choice of enrolment dates throughout the year, if moving is one of the concerns.
If you wish to find out more about this offer, check here. I also highly recommend attending a webinar hosted by our dedicated MBA Admissions Officer, Neil Turner on Thursday 18 April 2024, 13:30–14:15 (BST). You can register here https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7898197080568382807

I am currently a postgraduate student in a similar area at Bradford, so if you have any more questions about studies or student life, feel free to ask 😊
Hope this helps out with decision-making, most importantly choose the one you’re happy and confident with. Best of luck!

Zuza Bradford’s Student Rep
Original post by Deepika_15

MBA would be ideal but better to have more years of experience. I would suggest MSc management in the short term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending