The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of kent / Essex/uea /Hertfordshire

I'm looking at the 2024 entry. I saw that the university of Kent has replaced the marketing degree with a business and marketing degree which I'm very interested in however the location isn't my preferred choice but ive heard really good things about kent . I wondering if it was worth choosing Kent over Essex or uea who have a management and marketing degree. Hertfordshire has a business and marketing degree which I'm also fond of and I love the campus but I'm not sure if it's too student like as I'm in my 20s and last time i went to the campus I was 19.

I am still looking around at other universities for similar courses .
Original post by Anonymous
I'm looking at the 2024 entry. I saw that the university of Kent has replaced the marketing degree with a business and marketing degree which I'm very interested in however the location isn't my preferred choice but ive heard really good things about kent . I wondering if it was worth choosing Kent over Essex or uea who have a management and marketing degree. Hertfordshire has a business and marketing degree which I'm also fond of and I love the campus but I'm not sure if it's too student like as I'm in my 20s and last time i went to the campus I was 19.

Hi there :smile:

The uni of Kent offers both both a Business and Management degree and a Business and Marketing degree. Depending on which course you choose will depend on which campus you study in. The Canterbury campus is the main campus, I have studied there for the last few years so i'm hoping that I can give you a bit of an insight as to what it's like. There are numerous facilities on campus such as a big library, an on campus nightclub, a range of bars and eateries, co ops, cafes, book shop, gym and sports centre etc. Campus is located around a 15 minute walk into town which has lots of independent shops and restaurants. There you will also find your bigger retail shops, clubs and Canterbury cathedral (this is where you will graduate). There is also a canal where you can take a river boat on a sunny day. I highly recommend doing this as its very picturesque.
As for the degree, I have never studied business but a few of my friends have and they really enjoy it. I will leave a link to the facilities at the business school - https://www.kent.ac.uk/kent-business-school/facilities

The student population at Kent is very diverse and you will meet people of all ages. In my second year I lived on campus and the age range was roughly 19-23 across our building. It really doesn't matter what age you start uni, once you are there you will meet likeminded people and you will bond over the shared experience of being at uni. If you have any specific questions about Kent or uni life in general then please let me know!

Best of luck with your decision!

Joanna
-Uni of Kent Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Hi!

It's fabulous to hear you are considering studying at The University of Essex for 2024 entry!:clap2:

Our BSc Management and Marketing course based on our Colchester Campus allows students to explore subjects such as: digital marketing and social media, marketing management, consumer behaviour, brand management, business strategy, organisational behaviour and international business environment. Our course enables students to combine the study of management with the opportunity to develop marketing expertise!

Our Colchester Campus is beautiful too! Set within 200 acres of award-winning parkland - Wivenhoe Park and located two miles from the historic city centre of Colchester England's oldest recorded development. It is also a self-contained community where you can connect with your others through art and theatre, music and cinema and on-campus nightlife - all just a few steps from our accommodation!

We have over 17,800+ students across all our campuses at Essex, meaning our students come from a variety of different backgrounds and range in age. I think it truly does not matter what age you join university, on every course there is students from a variety of age groups, 2 of my bestfriends on my BA Sociology course at Essex were 25+ when they started first year! University is a great chance to meet likeminded people and bond over your love for the subject and what you are studying regardless of age:h:

If you are thinking of studying with us at Essex in 2024, it may be a good idea to come along to one of our Open Days, which will give you the ideal chance to experience a unique day in the life of an Essex student! All our upcoming Open Days can be found on our website here.

Always happy to help with any questions you may have about The University of Essex or student life in general :smile:

Good luck in your decision and whatever you choose to do in the future!

Niamh- Essex Official Rep
Reply 3
Original post by EssexOfficialRep
Hi!

It's fabulous to hear you are considering studying at The University of Essex for 2024 entry!:clap2:

Our BSc Management and Marketing course based on our Colchester Campus allows students to explore subjects such as: digital marketing and social media, marketing management, consumer behaviour, brand management, business strategy, organisational behaviour and international business environment. Our course enables students to combine the study of management with the opportunity to develop marketing expertise!

Our Colchester Campus is beautiful too! Set within 200 acres of award-winning parkland - Wivenhoe Park and located two miles from the historic city centre of Colchester England's oldest recorded development. It is also a self-contained community where you can connect with your others through art and theatre, music and cinema and on-campus nightlife - all just a few steps from our accommodation!

We have over 17,800+ students across all our campuses at Essex, meaning our students come from a variety of different backgrounds and range in age. I think it truly does not matter what age you join university, on every course there is students from a variety of age groups, 2 of my bestfriends on my BA Sociology course at Essex were 25+ when they started first year! University is a great chance to meet likeminded people and bond over your love for the subject and what you are studying regardless of age:h:

If you are thinking of studying with us at Essex in 2024, it may be a good idea to come along to one of our Open Days, which will give you the ideal chance to experience a unique day in the life of an Essex student! All our upcoming Open Days can be found on our website here.

Always happy to help with any questions you may have about The University of Essex or student life in general :smile:

Good luck in your decision and whatever you choose to do in the future!

Niamh- Essex Official Rep

Thank you
Currently Essex is my first choice at moment as I absolutely love the town and the campus, I am yet to see the business facilities so I will definitely be attending a open day .

I'm interested in the opportunities Essex has to offer. I am thinking of doing a masters after, would it be hard to attain a reference or two from the tutors ?

Hi 😊
The University of Essex offers a range variety of marketing, business and combined degrees being on top 150 Business and Economics schools in THE World University ranking by subject 2023. Top 40 in the UK Complete University Guide 2023 and top 40 for overall satisfaction in the National Student Survey 2022.
The Essex Business School is the first zero-carbon business school, featuring a winter garden, café, quiet study spaces and virtual trading floor.
Essex business school offers, excellent teaching bringing the best academics from all around the world that conduct ground-breaking research in a vast range of topics making Essex one of the top 5 universities in the UK for research.
Essex offers a total of 11 business and management degrees with the opportunity for placement year or year abroad. During your degree at Essex is possible to choose modules from other departments that can help you enrich your knowledge.
Essex business school offers interactive academic talks throughout the year to help students achieving their best performance during job interviews by bringing ex students that are working in banks and corporations to give their insight on how to perform their best and what is their preceptive on the jobs they currently have and how their time at Essex helped them achieve their goals.
Essex also offers a Bloomberg training floor given students access to financial and almost real-time data offering the same tools used by traders and business analysts worldwide. This facility offers students at all levels the opportunity to learn essential portfolio management skills. It also helps in understanding how to model financial data in a practical setting on the live financial markets.
Essex is home to students from more than 140 countries. The Essex Student Union is ranked 7th in the country and offers a variety off societies from sports to chest. The Su also organizes events throughout the academic year and is proud to celebrate important international holidays like Chinese New Year to Holi, giving you the opportunity to experience every culture just in one place and make friends from all around the world.
The University offers a range variety of shops, restaurants and coffee shops in campus including Starbucks and Costa coffee.
Essex offers a range of accommodations from shared rooms to studios with easy access to main campus. The university offers a gym, 24h library, a sports arena with 1665 seats and international standard facilities for staging televised sporting events containing courts for a wide range of sports.
The university offer NHS health centre on campus. The university also provides easy access to transportation to Colchester town centre (around 10 minutes by bus, 30 walking) and easy access to Central London with a distance of only 45 minutes by train.
In my opinion on of the best things the university offer is a membership for live this means Essex helps you get a job once you finished you studies and throughout your life if you need help finding a job or even want support and funding to start your own business the university is there to help you all the way.
Essex is the world in one place 😎
I hope this helps you make your decision and if you want more information don't hesitate in contacting me 😃

Cat (Essex Rep Team)😉

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending