The Student Room Group

The Official Cambridge Applicants' 2011 Entry Thread MKII (Please read FAQs)

This poll is closed

xxxxxx

xxx 0%
xxx 0%
xxxx0%
Total votes: 0
Official Decision Thread

FAQS

When do we find out?

When will UCAS change?

How will we find out?

Since the other thread was closed and HD isn't on I have the honour of starting the new thread!

Original Thread
Hunter's Wonderful List of Applicants

Use this thread to discuss anything to do with applying to Cambridge or just life in general XD

Enjoy the new thread!

People's Interviews By College

People's Interviews By Date

If you would like on the list quote me (:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
First! Yay, more awesomeness!

(edited 13 years ago)
Wahey! :biggrin: *subscribe*
Reply 3
Woop :woo: Take that 'under-200-page Oxford thread'!

Also, can I just say inb4 old thread was closed :awesome:
Reply 4
mafia dude
Why don't you start the next one so we only have to wait for hunter.

Done! (: If anything needs changed in the first post just let me know.

TomU
More of a surprise than a let-down! I had only checked the post an hour or two before I got the email, so I was already thinking that I would hear nothing that day.

Tbh, I wouldn't have cared if they'd sent it by carrier pigeon - the important thing is what the letter said, rather than how it was sent

But in the time it took for me to see I had it til I read it I would be hyperventilating because I'd be convinced I'd been rejected XD

Felix101
Hehe, I'm pretty sure Downing is a post one. Surely if they expect you to get in (well done on your grades btw) then they wouldn't think I presumptuous for you to ask for practice interviews? Surely they would be like oh yeah sure, if that's what Cambridge do.

That's a good point I suppose. Hopefully I'll know on Monday so I can either ask or know I won't need practice. I don't really know who to ask though. I was thinking head of science and year head? Both are very scary and I don't know either of them so I reckon they'd give me a better interview experience. Although I don't think it'll be accurate, question wise.
Reply 5
Original post by Lulope

But in the time it took for me to see I had it til I read it I would be hyperventilating because I'd be convinced I'd been rejected XD

That's precisely how I was! The subject of the email was about as ambiguous as you could get: "Cambridge University application". I'd have bet good money that it was a rejection. I didn't even read past the word "interview" on the second line the first time I read the email - I was too busy jumping for joy (or relief!) :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by Lulope

Original post by Lulope
Done! (: If anything needs changed in the first post just let me know.

I think that should be fine. Unless you intend to continue HD's list....
Can't +rep you yet ...
Original post by Lulope
Since the other thread was closed and HD isn't on I have the honour of starting the new thread!

Original Thread

I'll just copy in the lists of interview dates.

Enjoy the new thread!

P.S. Is the name right? I couldn't remember what the agreed format was XD

Cheers for the list Lulope!
Clare college - I want a decision!!
RIP MK1 :rip:
Reply 9
I miss mark 1 (BTW, I wasn't bothered about the +rep, I just wanted the 10000 post for my personal liking, I wasn't trying to cheat :yep:)
Original post by LukethePianoMan
Cheers for the list Lulope!
Clare college - I want a decision!!

Try to stay positive, you probably got an interview :yep:
Reply 11
Original post by cpdavis
I miss mark 1 (BTW, I wasn't bothered about the +rep, I just wanted the 10000 post for my personal liking, I wasn't trying to cheat :yep:)

Bu..Bu...But we'll make MKII bigger, brighter, better (and other positive b-words)! Like a phoenix from the ashes! (HP7 tonight..:eek:)
I hope this new thread will be quicker to load than the old one:smile:
Reply 13
Original post by cpdavis

Original post by cpdavis

Didn't want to suppose it was rep greed or something. It's all fun anyway so I'm not bothered.
Reply 14
Original post by Felix101

Original post by Felix101
Bu..Bu...But we'll make MKII bigger, brighter, better (and other positive b-words)! Like a phoenix from the ashes! (HP7 tonight..:eek:)

We'll make MKII larger than the Oxford thread in any case :wink:
Reply 15
Original post by Lulope

Original Thread

I'll just copy in the lists of interview dates.

Enjoy the new thread!

P.S. Is the name right? I couldn't remember what the agreed format was XD

As if you've misspelt Hughes Hall as Huges hall! Pssht! :rolleyes:
Reply 16
*lurks* :lurk:
Yaaaay MKII :biggrin: :woo:
RIP MKI - we'll never forget you :cry2:
*subscribed*
Reply 19
Original post by TomU
As if you've misspelt Hughes Hall as Huges hall! Pssht! :rolleyes:

Oopsies. Didn't realise, terribly sorry.

Latest

Trending

Trending