The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
Original post by alice.mathilda
Me and "whatsthestory" will be at Clare College on 6th and 7th having interview for PPS and MML. We're looking for people who will have the interviews at the same time there. Let us know, it'll be nice to meet:smile:

I'll be right next door? :borat:
Reply 781
I think I'm going to be there on the 7th, 8th and 9th. :smile: Yay for three days in the 'bridge. :L
Original post by Jing_jing
Going by train, it's not that far to walk from the trian station to Corpus and I like travelling by train :biggrin:

Its about a mile and a half I think from the station!
Reply 783
I'm coming on the 5th. Going from London Heathrow to King's Cross station and taking a train to Cambridge.
Then just take a taxi (or walk) to my hotel near my college. :smile:

Exactly one week from today!! :woo:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Serojoal
You'd be much better off getting a flight from Edinburgh to London, and then the train to Cambridge. I live in Livingston (just near Edinburgh), and I worked out for my interview it was much cheaper to fly. The return flights from Edinburgh to London Stansted with Easyjet are usually ~£60 (if booked in advance), roughly the same price, if not cheaper than the much slower train. Also, the train from Stansted to Cambridge is around £11 return :P

Just to ask, did you prebook the train tickets from stanstead to Cambridge? I think i'm just going to buy it on the day....
Reply 785
Original post by Lulope
Since the other thread was closed and HD isn't on I have the honour of starting the new thread!

Original Thread
Hunter's Wonderful List of Applicants

Use this thread to discuss anything to do with applying to Cambridge or just life in general XD

Enjoy the new thread!

People's Interviews By College

People's Interviews By Date

If you would like on the list quote me (:

Username: l4ith
College: Trinity
Course: Medicine
Date: 7/12
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 786
Original post by l4ith
Username: l4ith
College: Trinity
Course: Medicine

Date? (:
Original post by Jing_jing
Ah fair enough, I think it should be alright for me! I don't really like travelling by coach and I'd have to get up early god forbid :biggrin:
Bit worried that it will snow badly though and there'll be travel troubles but the snow has stopped here and I'm keeping my fingers crosssed!

Coach is the cheapest option for me so I am doing that :s-smilie:
I hope it doesn't snow then, I hope it snows the day after so we get the day off school :smile:
Original post by Lyam
I think I'm going to be there on the 7th, 8th and 9th. :smile: Yay for three days in the 'bridge. :L

Why three days?
Reply 789
Original post by Lulope
Date? (:

oops sorry, done :smile: it's 7/12
Original post by 24craigour
Just to ask, did you prebook the train tickets from stanstead to Cambridge? I think i'm just going to buy it on the day....

Prebooking is often cheaper (although they are cheap enough already to not make a huge difference). You can get an open return for ~£12.
Original post by ukdragon37
Prebooking is often cheaper (although they are cheap enough already to not make a huge difference). You can get an open return for ~£12.

Every little helps. Prebooking it is.
By the way, how's the weather at Cambridge? (You're still at Cambridge and haven't been dismissed for the term right?)
Reply 792
Original post by Eccle1993
Interview 8th December
History of Art
Clare College

Only heard on Wednesday . . . terrified and poor - travel costs come to about £500)! But thrilled, too.

Omg yay! Another hoa-er! Congrats on your interview. :smile:

I'm applying at Pembroke- interview on the 13th.

Can I ask what kind of prep you're doing?
Reply 793
Original post by TimmonaPortella
I'll put my vote in for 1:30.
No opinion on the place, but need to be at the station to get my train which leaves at half 3.

also, if you want to arrange it all on here, we should make a separate thread so we don't clog up this one.

I guess 1.30 is a good start then. And I think it's fine to arrange it in here. I doubt we'll be posting too much.

Original post by theths
hmm well i'm free about about 12 to around 1, and again from 3 to around 4
i know i'll be stupidly nervous about getting to places on time etc. though

i'm applying to jesus, so anywhere near there, basically (:
except i seem to remember it's not very central, so maybe somewhere on the same road as kings college?

and i have no ideas on how to identity ourselves which don't involve hats, sorry

Me too! I remember Jesus being kind of close to some shops but probably not particularly close to the centre. We need someone with more knowledge of Cambridge to help out...Anyone know a nice central place, preferably with seating and heating?
Original post by 24craigour
Every little helps. Prebooking it is.
By the way, how's the weather at Cambridge? (You're still at Cambridge and haven't been dismissed for the term right?)

You can buy them from any operator's website. The train will actually be from Stansted to Birmingham New Street, but calling at Cambridge. It will be from Platform 2 underneath Stansted airport. Just make sure that the site you are booking from doesn't have booking fees (East Coast and Crosscountry are such operators) and you might have to collect the tickets at Stansted if you don't want to pay the postage.

No snow at Cambridge yet, but it's very very cold :frown: So bring lots of thick clothes! I won't be leaving until the 11th.
Anyone coming from London?

Actually, is anyone bringing a parent?

Ooh, and is anyone driving up there?

If so, let me know of parking details etc.
Reply 796
If it snows, what happens exactly? Would the trains stop running? I'm only going from London to Cambridge but without a train, I'm screwed. Would they postpone the interview in that case? I guess this problem could be solved if I was allowed to stay the night before but my college said something about only applying if accomodation is really necessary.
Original post by Scrubby
If it snows, what happens exactly? Would the trains stop running? I'm only going from London to Cambridge but without a train, I'm screwed. Would they postpone the interview in that case? I guess this problem could be solved if I was allowed to stay the night before but my college said something about only applying if accomodation is really necessary.

There are coaches and without trains they'll put on even more coaches. Just make sure you have your college's admission office number and let them know if you have any chance of not being able to make it on time.
Reply 798
Original post by mintaero25
Anyone coming from London?

Actually, is anyone bringing a parent?

Ooh, and is anyone driving up there?

If so, let me know of parking details etc.

I'm actually doing all these things :smile: my mum is insisting on coming and seeing as it'll be freeezing driving up there seems quite appealing :smile:
Where in london are you? I think there are 3 car parks in Cambridge, 2 are quite central, though it depends what college you've got to get to as to which one you choose, one of them is much bigger though.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm getting a cab up to Saffron Walden from Stansted (can't get a bus or trainas I'm landing 5.30am). I have a feeling this is going to empty my wallet significantly... :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending