The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by no chance
I feel ashamed for adding my own queries to this ball of freneticism, but, has anyone heard back about accommodation yet?

no not yet? you?
Reply 81
Original post by SaturnineDragonfly
Hurrah!!! :biggrin: Well Done!!! :biggrin: I'm very happy for you, grinned when I read your post! :biggrin:

This means Clare have finally started sending out interviews (and rejections :s-smilie:). Which is good news, the wait is almost over... Did they send your interview invite by post or by e-mail? I'm applying for NatSci (Physical), but contemplated the philosophy degree. Really hope you get a place for it! :biggrin: Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin: They send it through e-mail, got two mails actually, one with the invitation and one with extra information concerning the accomodation and stuff :smile:
I hope you'll get one soon! I think philosophy was the first to send out invites, since I only saw Clare-philosophies with a reply, but at least they've started!
Let me know when you get one! :smile:

Original post by HereBeDragons
Well done! :biggrin: Hopefully that means my wait is nearly over!

Did you receive the invite by post or email?

Thanks! Got it through e-mail (see above :smile:), hope you'll get one soon! Good luck! :biggrin:
What are you applying for?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by goldlock
My word guys, I'm STILL waiting on King's! Can't believe they're among the slowest colleges to respond; I just want an interview! :s-smilie:

Just our luck to pick the slowest college :rolleyes: King's is quite obviously the best college though, so it's worth the wait.
Original post by Killyenn

Thanks! Got it through mail (see above :smile:), hope you'll get one soon! Good luck! :biggrin:
What are you applying for?

I'm applying for NatSci (biological)so I really need to hear soon so I can start prepping for the TSR!

Other NatSci-ers: have you done anything fr the TSR before you know for certain if you have an interview? It seems a premature to me, I don't want to prepare for ages and then not even get an interview.... :s-smilie:
Reply 84
Anyone going with their parents?
I'm flying to London the night before my interviews, do you think a Taxi would take me to Cambridge (a roughly 1 hour ride...)?
Original post by LukethePianoMan
oooo A rival :wink:
I'm getting worried they didn't receive all my forms or something like that!
I really hope we get a decision soon, tomorrow morning would be ideal :smile:

I dreaded that too, but I put an obscene amount of stamps on the envelope so I'm fairly sure they got it :tongue: This morning would indeed have been ideal, but the post has already arrived here, and there's nothing, nothing, nothing (again) :frown: And it's sunday tomorrow :frown: Did you get anything this morning??? :smile: I read on Clare's website that if we don't get anything by November 26th, then we should contact them, so that means we should definitely know by the end of next week :smile: I hope we'll both get interviews (and offers! :biggrin:)

P.S You live in Solihull? I live quite near to there, in Nuneaton :smile:

Killyenn
Thanks! :biggrin: They send it through mail, got two mails actually, one with the invitation and one with extra information concerning the accomodation and stuff :smile:
I hope you'll get one soon! I think philosophy was the first to send out invites, since I only saw Clare-philosophies with a reply, but at least they've started!
Let me know when you get one! :smile:

That's cool :biggrin: I'm really pleased for you, and hope it all goes well!! :biggrin: Indeed, at least they've started now, it's quite a relief! :smile: I'm hoping they'll send out the NatSci letters second :P But the wait continues until monday because there's no post tomorrow :frown: I'll post here if I get an interview/rejection :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Amahia11
I'm flying to London the night before my interviews, do you think a Taxi would take me to Cambridge (a roughly 1 hour ride...)?

You'd be better off taking a train from london then a 5 minute taxi from the train station.
Reply 87

Yes, I'm not from the UK so I'm going with my dad. I'm also flying to London (stansted) the day before, but having gone there twice I would definitely discourage a taxi. Besides being a lot cheaper, I think going by train/ bus would also be a lot faster (about 45 min total). I would highly recommend national-express or cross-country, etc. You can go on their websites and purchase the tickets online.
That's just my opinion :wink:
Good luck with your interview :smile::smile:
Reply 88
Original post by shannon14
So... What is everybody wearing to the interviews? I'm thinking smart/ casual???

i've got a black lace blouse from topshop, cigarette-leg trousers, a sort of camel- coloured blazer and boots with slight heels. and a scarf.

its the perfect balance between smart, casual and :ahee:

really, i just wanted an excuse to buy an outfit :colondollar:

Trains for Cambridge leave from Kings Cross station (London) very regularly (I think there are 4 per hour) and take about 45 minutes.

If you are flying into Heathrow, there is a Heathrow Express train which takes you into Paddington Station, (faster than taking the underground) and Kings Cross Station is right beside it.
Good luck with the travelling.
Reply 90
Original post by Kobie
i've got a black lace blouse from topshop, cigarette-leg trousers, a sort of camel- coloured blazer and boots with slight heels. and a scarf.

Thanks, I'm not sure what to wear yet! I want to go with something like your describing, but I need to stay within the 10kg carry on limit (I HATE RYANAIR!!!). When is your interview?

Yeah, my mom is coming with me! She doesn't trust me to go alone :rolleyes:. What airport are you flying into? If you are flying form Stansted there is a train to Cambridge from the airport train station. It goes every hour so you could get that!
Reply 91
Original post by Rubgish
You'd be better off taking a train from london then a 5 minute taxi from the train station.

Yepp that sounds better tbh. They seem to be fairly frequent.

Original post by CMMD
Yes, I'm not from the UK so I'm going with my dad. I'm also flying to London (stansted) the day before, but having gone there twice I would definitely discourage a taxi. Besides being a lot cheaper, I think going by train/ bus would also be a lot faster (about 45 min total). I would highly recommend national-express or cross-country, etc. You can go on their websites and purchase the tickets online.
That's just my opinion :wink:
Good luck with your interview :smile::smile:

I'm going with my mom, i'm overseas too :smile:
But would a taxi literally not agree to going as far a distance as Cambridge? I'll probably look up some train times as a backup plan though, thanks. Good luck on yours too :smile:

Original post by livius sprocket
Trains for Cambridge leave from Kings Cross station (London) very regularly (I think there are 4 per hour) and take about 45 minutes.

If you are flying into Heathrow, there is a Heathrow Express train which takes you into Paddington Station, (faster than taking the underground) and Kings Cross Station is right beside it.
Good luck with the travelling.

Thanks a lot. Tbh that seems like a better idea. Can you buy a ticket once you're there or do you have to book in advance? In other words, can I show up and buy a ticket on the spot? Thanks for the help, good luck at your interview (second time lucky :smile: )

Thanks a lot. Tbh that seems like a better idea. Can you buy a ticket once you're there or do you have to book in advance? In other words, can I show up and buy a ticket on the spot? Thanks for the help, good luck at your interview (second time lucky :smile: )

You can buy train tickets on the spot or you can book them online (the trainline) and collect them at the ticket dispenser at the station. (and thanks :wink:)
Reply 93
Original post by shannon14
So... What is everybody wearing to the interviews? I'm thinking smart/ casual???

I know that smart/casual would be the way to go, but I'll still still go for a suit. Just for the sake of it. I've been thinking about it and I assume that it would make me feel more secure. Besides in the interview invitation it said that a suit is not a necessity, yet, when something is not a necessity this does imply that they don't mind you dressing up for it.

Only 18 more days!!!:eek::eek:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 94
ooooooh mark two.

Subscribeness.
Reply 95
Original post by Lulope
Since the other thread was closed and HD isn't on I have the honour of starting the new thread!

Original Thread

I'll just copy in the lists of interview dates.

Enjoy the new thread!

P.S. Is the name right? I couldn't remember what the agreed format was XD

People's Interviews By College

People's Interviews By Date

Interview at Fitzwilliam College for Maths on the 8th of December :biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 96
Original post by SaturnineDragonfly
That's cool :biggrin: I'm really pleased for you, and hope it all goes well!! :biggrin: Indeed, at least they've started now, it's quite a relief! :smile: I'm hoping they'll send out the NatSci letters second :P But the wait continues until monday because there's no post tomorrow :frown: I'll post here if I get an interview/rejection :smile:

Oops, I actually mend e-mail! We use the word 'mail' for e-mail here in Holland as well so I get confused at times :colondollar: So you could get it today as well!

I'm going on my own. I'm flying to London Stansted from Amsterdam and from there I'll get to Cambridge by bus :smile:
Reply 97
Same here :p: Even though, i'd be perfectly capable of going on my own, i'm not too fussed though :smile:
No, i'm flying to Heathrow, but i'll probably get train tickets from there to Cambridge. I'll be in London the day before my interviews anyway so it should be quite chilled and not too stressfull!

I know, I flew to France by myself during the summer! I managed that with the language barrier. Plus my little sister is coming for her birthday! I am going to be in Cambridge the day before and after the interview! Should I go on the tour of the Vet school before my interview so I can talk about it during the interview?

Original post by mel3
I know that smart/casual would be the way to go, but I'll still still go for a suit. Just for the sake of it. I've been thinking about it and I assume that it would make me feel more secure. Besides in the interview invitation it said that a suit is not a necessity, yet, when something is not a necessity this does imply that they don't mind you dressing up for it.
Only 18 more days!!!:eek::eek:

Yeah, I just have to buy a suit. I think that I will go more formal than casual! What type of suit? Skirt / blazer or pants/ blazer?
Reply 98
Yay we're back -- got an offer from Birmingham :biggrin: And Trinity have updated their site saying medics have to wait for BMAT results (24th ish) so I am happier now! http://www.trin.cam.ac.uk/index.php?pageid=834
Original post by Kobie

it might be a stupid question (and I'm ignorant of your circumstance), but how come you applied through CSAS with your academic record as good as it is?

Latest

Trending

Trending