The Student Room Group

English As Level

Hello all,

I plan on doing English As level, but for the time being, the country that I am in there is no teachers that gives As level English study's so what I thought is, what is the best way to improve your english in a way that you can also get good scores in the exam:

does reading a book ( several books of course) improve your english and makes things easier...?
Please give me more advices

As I am entering Law in 2012 I would need english As + A2, anyways I also need a feedback on the exam, is it tough? is it easy? why? ...etc this will help me alot

Regards
Clearly English isn't your first language ( edit: I don't mean this in a bad way)... is IELTS not sufficient for a law degree?

in answer to your question on English improvement: yes, reading books will greatly benefit your grammar and vocabulary.
Reply 2
So are you going to study English Language?

I think reading would help your English hugely because you will learn new vocabulary as you read.
I would start reading simple books and gradually read more difficult novels.
You should buy text books that teach English, with exercises aswell then you can practice :smile:.
If you can, watch English tv programmes aswell - then you'll pick up the language a bit quicker.

Sorry if that was useless, good luck :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Clearly English isn't your first language ( edit: I don't mean this in a bad way)... is IELTS not sufficient for a law degree?

in answer to your question on English improvement: yes, reading books will greatly benefit your grammar and vocabulary.

Well yeah it is my second language, No I plan on doing IGCSE'S A levels...etc this is my goal, since for my Law university I can get picked up easily with the CIE programs.

Nerd: First of all ... I am not a big fan of reading books BUT everything for me is english so saying to me watching english shows is kinda awkward :P

In other words I am dedicated to start reading books, since I lack vocabulary and this will be my last chance to get to be in the university, as an advance I am taking one subject which is english THEN once I am in university ill finish the rest.

But is the exam Hard??
Reply 4
Anyone :tongue: ?
Reply 5
Need help :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending